Any good places to detect in Shreveport?

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, XLT Fisher's CZ5 Garretts GTA 1000
On the way in from the east there is a closed rest area just outside I20, right before you get to the I220 cut off thats looks interesting. It is fenced in now and the question is who owns it now? It was a simple rest area with out bathrooms. Maybe you can find out if somebody hunt on the base, I allways had good luck on bases. PM me for more ideas. La Beep -=Ward=-

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
La Beep,
That rest stop you are talking about on both sides of the road there is still owned by the state and the state shut those two down due to the gays hanging out there and running back in the woods to do whatever they do. It was really bad for about a year. State Police ran people off and they came back so they finally closed it up and thats the story about that rest stop. If you ever stopped there people would start running towards your car......all bad......!!!

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, XLT Fisher's CZ5 Garretts GTA 1000
Juanmoretime said:
La Beep,
That rest stop you are talking about on both sides of the road there is still owned by the state and the state shut those two down due to the gays hanging out there and running back in the woods to do whatever they do. It was really bad for about a year. State Police ran people off and they came back so they finally closed it up and thats the story about that rest stop. If you ever stopped there people would start running towards your car......all bad......!!!

It is is completely fenced in now. If the state owns it forget about metal detecting it. It was just a thought. If I remember right it was one of the oldest on I20 in Louisiana. PS I hate hunting in needles lol.

As far as people running for your car i carry either a 45 or 9 mm when traveling. I am buying a 380 for my wife soon, we take turns going in the bathrooms and even though she can shoot the 9mm she wont hit anything, maybe she scare them just enought. lol
LaBeep

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anybody stopped there now, any locals would think badly of you and the state police would quickly run you off since its closed. It was quite a sight when it was in full swing. Long line of cars and trucks just waiting to serve everyones needs............if you were looking for someone of your own gender, it was the place to go!!! Lol!!!!

I'm like you, anyone running towards me gets to see two things quick, a gun first followed by a badge. All bad for them.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread