any guess?

ROBERTDRIGGERS

Sep 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found this the other day. the area is being developed into homes. its iron or steel, has a nice patina, and its pitted. thanks in advance... 15095046_10154069758853359_3479605057532671717_n.jpg

If the loop on the bottom (of pic) is not closed, I think it's some type
of hanger/hook for an industrial application.

Best guess I can come up with

Upvote 0
There's definitely some wear on the inside of the lower loop. Hmm...very curious. Couldn't have been exposed for very long as I see no rust.

...I wonder.....have seen lots of setups for strapping ladders in place (or PVC pipe, etc), so maybe one end was screwed in place while the other end would have the hook of a ratchet strap attached?? Guess it could be many things, really.

Upvote 0
There's definitely some wear on the inside of
the lower loop. Hmm...very curious. Couldn't have been exposed for very long as I see no rust.

Good catch..never saw the wear. Almost looks like it's been rubbed
by a rope or cable that slid through there.

Upvote 0
Several potential ideas have crossed my mind (probably all bad ones :tongue3:), but still can't think of anything specific that it might have been used for.

For example, I could potentially see something like this being connected to the carousel at a dry cleaner that they would then hang a garment from. Or maybe from a paint shop, although I see no obvious signs of paint or finish. From the lack of rust I would guess it has spent the majority of its life protected from the elements. ....Beats me!! :dontknow:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back