What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED help IDing wartime (?) relic

jrh4

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2018
Messages
21
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey gang! I recently acquired this strange metal tubular tool that looks like maybe a WWI/II relic. Google AI keeps telling me it might be a oil tool for a machine gun, but those have a little spoon and this one has a thicker metal insert like a knife sharpener or something. It's very heavy, well-constructed brass and steel. I can't seem to find anything comparable though, so I was hoping someone on here might be able to clue me in. I'm attaching some pics. Thanks in advance!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3458.webp
    IMG_3458.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3460.webp
    IMG_3460.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3461.webp
    IMG_3461.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3462.webp
    IMG_3462.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3463.webp
    IMG_3463.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 7
Is the rod steel or ceramic? Looks like a really fancy sharpening steel, although I don’t know why someone would make one this “well”. Are there any markings anywhere?
 
Upvote 0
Is the rod steel or ceramic? Looks like a really fancy sharpening steel, although I don’t know why someone would make one this “well”. Are there any markings anywhere?
I know, it's really solid and well-made. The rod is metal/steel. If it is a sharpening tool, it's a petty high grit because it's very smooth too. There are zero markings anywhere, which adds to the mystery.
 
Upvote 0
ferro rod ? see if it will spark.
1791236994276.webp
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom