OP
OP
B

Buckeyejim

Greenie
Apr 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found at old falling down house about 4" deep in Ohio. I think it is HJ&G right under the tail on the g is R inside a circle. I have come up empty with my search. Thanks for your time !!! Jim

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's an 'H' for sure. Second figure looks like possibly an '&' sign with a home roof and chimney over it. Third figure is a 'G'. The 'R' in a circle is the 'registered trademark' symbol. Combine all that and the flower, and I'm thinking Home and Garden.... as in 'Better Homes and Gardens' magazine. (or something along those lines)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what there is on the net they didn't make too many! I can't find any info on the company.

Upvote 0

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what there is on the net they didn't make too many! I can't find any info on the company.

Theye didnt last long, i would say 1989 - 1996 ish.. give or take a few years. their dolls were tailored towards collectors, but overpriced and midgrade quality

was bad timing all the would be doll collectors were selling their souls for beanie babies

Last edited:
Upvote 0

s2ndjetli

Apr 25, 2018
Summit County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It should be H I and G instead of a “j”. I dont know why its a “j” Stands for Home Interior and Gifts. They marketed alot of porcelain dolls and other utensils like candle cutters etc. neat find

Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It should be H I and G instead of a “j”. I dont know why its a “j” Stands for Home Interior and Gifts. They marketed alot of porcelain dolls and other utensils like candle cutters etc. neat find

That's a terrific ID. My mother worked for Home Interiors about 50 years ago... I feel like I should have recognized the 'home' shape of the pin.

Vintage-Home-Interiors-Gifts-Hostess-Representative.jpg

Upvote 0

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Theye didnt last long, i would say 1989 - 1996 ish.. give or take a few years. their dolls were tailored towards collectors, but overpriced and midgrade quality

was bad timing all the would be doll collectors were selling their souls for beanie babies

That really hits home. For YEARS my mother in law was one of the soul sellers! guess who inherited those now worthless toys...... LMAO, we actually have a storage unit 1/2 full of them.

Upvote 0

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That really hits home. For YEARS my mother in law was one of the soul sellers! guess who inherited those now worthless toys...... LMAO, we actually have a storage unit 1/2 full of them.
There are a handful still worth big bucks, but they are fairly scarce, If i had a storage unit full i woukd take the time to figure which are worth it, then dig through, and donate the rest to one of the toy/stuffed animal drives. bikers groups often do plush roundups to give to cops to carry in their trunk for children when they are upset.

Upvote 0

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Did not know that was the same company, My only experience with the logo was with dolls, I used to resell almost exclusively toys, (mostly 60s-80s) so i have seen the dolls before. Now give me any piece /accessory/weapon from an action figure and that I can help you with lol

Upvote 0

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are a handful still worth big bucks, but they are fairly scarce, If i had a storage unit full i woukd take the time to figure which are worth it, then dig through, and donate the rest to one of the toy/stuffed animal drives. bikers groups often do plush roundups to give to cops to carry in their trunk for children when they are upset.

Only if someone is willing to pay though are they worth big bucks. I have inventory sheets of every tote, and have sent them off to the beanie baby buying websites to see if i could generate any interest, and was told no-one is buying them really anymore. If you know of an outlet to sell the valuable ones, my wife and I have been looking for a children's charity for the rest. I also like the police idea for lost scared children. I would love a PM if you have an idea of direction for selling at this point though, because I am out of ideas.

Upvote 0

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just guessed at the second letter. It looked like a J to me but your ID is correct. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread