What's new

Any help with info

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looking for something info on advertising at bottom how it was used
 
Last edited:
It appears to be an sign for an upcoming sporting event between Lodi and Sharon Center (20 miles away). Westfield is about halfway between the two.

I find references to H.S. Elliott - funeral director - as far back as 1923 and as late as 1945. Lodi Lumber Co. started in 1889 and was still in business in 2014. Maybe today. I didn't check.

From the 3 digit phone numbers in the ads, I'd guess 1930's or 40's. 1932, 1937 and 1943 had a Friday, January 29th.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Just wanted to add:

Even today, the Wooster Street physical address for HS Elliott & Company intersects with "Cemetery Street".
And indeed, the "Old Lodi Cemetery / Wooster Street Cemetery" is only a few hundred feet away.
The lot (2 buildings?) appear to be used for residential today.

The link below suggests that the majority of the grave markers in this cemetery are from about 1850 to 1900.
Although a (very) few I saw were much more recent.
Make of that what you will.

Link: https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/2172226/memorial-search?page=1#sr-14327630
 
Upvote 0
Thanks guys
 
Upvote 0
I want to know who won the game...
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom