WOODY50 said:For one of my friends, who found this, and cannot get it id'ed.
The material is tin, more details I don't know at this time... Any help or guess is welcome!
Found in Holland.
Thanks Relicdude.. but the book clasp is silver, which when used in such a way is mixed with other metals and is pretty tough and hard.RELICDUDE07 said:http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~windmill/html/wic.html look at the book clasp
Sorry SS, yes that is what we here call tin, a mixture of tin and lead. Should have called it Pewter. Will change, thanks.Silver Searcher said:
I agree with Relicdudeo7,... book clasp, (part off) also it doesn't look like it's made from Tin, more like Pewter or Lead.
SS
I still think that this is the top part of a Book clasp, the bottom part would have come through the opening, like a lock asp.WOODY50 said:Sorry SS, yes that is what we here call tin, a mixture of tin and lead. Should have called it Pewter. Will change, thanks.Silver Searcher said:
I agree with Relicdudeo7,... book clasp, (part off) also it doesn't look like it's made from Tin, more like Pewter or Lead.
SS
It is, by the way, not broken on any side or part.
OK, could be. I will look for book clasps (and the dutch word for that) on the net and see what I can find. Thanks SSSilver Searcher said:I still think that this is the top part of a Book clasp, the bottom part would have come through the opening, like a lock asp.WOODY50 said:Sorry SS, yes that is what we here call tin, a mixture of tin and lead. Should have called it Pewter. Will change, thanks.Silver Searcher said:
I agree with Relicdudeo7,... book clasp, (part off) also it doesn't look like it's made from Tin, more like Pewter or Lead.
SS
It is, by the way, not broken on any side or part.
SS
I still think that this is the top part of a Book clasp, the bottom part would have come through the opening, like a lock asp.
SS