ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are IMO very old and possibly worth some cha ching... careful on I.D.

If I see these go unidentified by others I will help.

Upvote 0

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think they're all that old. The paint decorations look quickly done and that twisted copper wire seems a little unrefined to me, but honestly I can't tell for sure unless I had em in my hands.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think they're all that old. The paint decorations look quickly done and that twisted copper wire seems a little unrefined to me, but honestly I can't tell for sure unless I had em in my hands.

I did not inspect them closely... did not even open the pictures... but I will take Tams word for it :)

Perhaps they are "replicas". but ? ? ?

Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MMMM k...

Per your request Jt... I did look close at them and did a few preliminary searches / research...

I now am going with my original statement of these being old...

And perhaps VERY old...

If these are the real deal you may have just scored a serious little set there.

IF you don't mind... can you please give me some more info on these... like where ya got em for starters.

Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely Chinese... definitely old.

Here are a few similar...

466e4ee096c3603c8f182b4f7e51ee57.jpg 5099a2db533bde1184db6ade0c7dbdf8--taoism-buddhism.jpg

Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This mornings review of my posts here makes me want to point something out...

When it comes to things like these... realize... Asian artworks like these... or anything Asian that looks old really... Especially if there is interest or money involved ...

CAN be and ARE faked... And lets face it... there are masters of "knocking off" real stuff in hopes of "duping / tricking" tourists and so forth into "paying a lot for a little".

The only real way to know FOR SURE about these types of items is to have a knowledgeable / expert in Asian artifacts.

My opinion is just that... an opinion... via PHOTOS... and I am no expert in Asian arts.

I know old when I see it... :)

But even I am "played" from time to time.

Photos just never do an item justice... it takes a lot of zooming in and looking and looking and looking to form an opinion that really in the end is just speculation UNLESS you know the item and have had personal experience with that exact OR very similar item.

With all this said... I wish the best on these.. they LOOK old and I hope they are.

Oh and I almost forgot again... "polychrome / enamel" are some other key words to use for you to further your researching these.

I get the ball rolling... its up to you to keep it rolling. :)

Good luck with these... hope they are a great score for you. (I never looked at "values" of these).

ARC

Upvote 0

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they should be inspected in person by someone who has the background and knowledge of these type of things. As for me I can only trust my gut.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread