R Rwdrive Jr. Member Joined Nov 9, 2020 Messages 27 Reaction score 49 Golden Thread 0 Location Blythewood South Carolina, near Columbia Detector(s) used Nokta Mauro Simplex Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 10, 2020 #1 Found in the woods in South Carolina about 6 to 8 inches deep. Guessing a 22 revolver cylinder. Any idea of age. I'm a novice at this. Thank you Attachments 20201110_162026.webp 521.1 KB · Views: 99 20201110_162037.webp 528.2 KB · Views: 69 20201110_162045.webp 572.5 KB · Views: 63
Found in the woods in South Carolina about 6 to 8 inches deep. Guessing a 22 revolver cylinder. Any idea of age. I'm a novice at this. Thank you
l.cutler Silver Member Joined Dec 2, 2006 Messages 2,889 Reaction score 2,664 Golden Thread 0 Location NEPA Detector(s) used Tejon, Cibola, T2 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 11, 2020 #2 Larger than .22, maybe .32 or .38. See if you can get a closer measurement of the chambers in the cylinder. Upvote 0
Larger than .22, maybe .32 or .38. See if you can get a closer measurement of the chambers in the cylinder.
R Rwdrive Jr. Member Joined Nov 9, 2020 Messages 27 Reaction score 49 Golden Thread 0 Location Blythewood South Carolina, near Columbia Detector(s) used Nokta Mauro Simplex Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 12, 2020 Thread Owner #3 Looks to be about 5/16 inches in diameter. See pics. I'm sure all the corrosion and build up may distort it. Attachments 20201112_064924.webp 262.4 KB · Views: 54 20201112_064728.webp 509.4 KB · Views: 53 20201112_065009_001.webp 324.2 KB · Views: 53 Upvote 0
Looks to be about 5/16 inches in diameter. See pics. I'm sure all the corrosion and build up may distort it.
l.cutler Silver Member Joined Dec 2, 2006 Messages 2,889 Reaction score 2,664 Golden Thread 0 Location NEPA Detector(s) used Tejon, Cibola, T2 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 12, 2020 #4 Quite likely .32 then. This was a very popular caliber around the beginning of the 20th century. Upvote 0
R Rwdrive Jr. Member Joined Nov 9, 2020 Messages 27 Reaction score 49 Golden Thread 0 Location Blythewood South Carolina, near Columbia Detector(s) used Nokta Mauro Simplex Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 13, 2020 Thread Owner #5 Thanks for the information. It really helps. I have been really curious about the age of the items I have been finding in rhe woods here. I also found part of horse harness back band hook which i have been told is likely early 1900s. Upvote 0
Thanks for the information. It really helps. I have been really curious about the age of the items I have been finding in rhe woods here. I also found part of horse harness back band hook which i have been told is likely early 1900s.