What's new

Any ideas on this?

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
1,861
Reaction score
83
Golden Thread
0
Location
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a pile of old stones arranged in the shape of a block print A (meaning the letter A with a flat top instead of the pointed top) I was thinking maybe the bottom part of a fireplace but there is no foundation of any kind around it, just trees growing. I would say the sides are about 7-8 feet long, the rear is about 6-7 feet and the front is opened. There is a grave nearby with a stone dated: Born 1806 died 1880.

I am adding another picture from a different view......
 

Attachments

  • Rocks.webp
    Rocks.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 414
  • Rocks2.webp
    Rocks2.webp
    52.3 KB · Views: 272
Civil war hut maybe ? :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
DirtyMike said:
Civil war hut maybe ? :dontknow:
That would be my guess also,But however the huts that we find don't look like that.
But,that is just a guess.

fortbball9
 
Upvote 0
Firstly, look up my theory for your other thread about the 'rock piles'.

The best single clue you have is the headstone of Mrs. M. H. Page (1806 - 1880) to determine what this site was used for. I searched the US 1880 census for an E. D. Page (assuming his name was Edward) and came up with 7 that were living in North Carolina. None were old enough to be the husband of this woman. A search of the census would reveal his occupation (miner, farmer, etc.)

I need to know, however what state you were in before attempting any other name variants. I don't want to go off on a goose chase this Easter.

Good luck
 
Upvote 0
Likely Guy said:
Firstly, look up my theory for your other thread about the 'rock piles'.

The best single clue you have is the headstone of Mrs. M. H. Page (1806 - 1880) to determine what this site was used for. I searched the US 1880 census for an E. D. Page (assuming his name was Edward) and came up with 7 that were living in North Carolina. None were old enough to be the husband of this woman. A search of the census would reveal his occupation (miner, farmer, etc.)

I need to know, however what state you were in before attempting any other name variants. I don't want to go off on a goose chase this Easter.

Good luck

North Carolina
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom