What's new

✅ SOLVED Any ideas on what this is?

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Joined
Dec 19, 2019
Messages
671
Reaction score
1,320
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this with my Legend. It seems to be lead. The inscription reads;
THE D. C. SANFORD CO
BRIDGEPORT, CT

5 inches long
3.5 inches wide
1/4 inches thick

It weights 1/2 pound
 

Attachments

  • 20220405_204241.webp
    20220405_204241.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Found this with my Legend. It seems to be lead. The inscription reads;
THE D. C. SANFORD CO
BRIDGEPORT, CT

5 inches long
3.5 inches wide
1/4 inches thick

OK I think I found out what it is;
a Lead Duck Decoy Weight

The D.C. Sanford Co. Bridgeport, CT. Lead Duck Decoy Weight​

Description​


A lead duck decoy weight from The D.C. Sanford Co., Bridgeport, CT. It is 5 inches long point to point. Great to display with your antique decoys or hunting collection.
 
Upvote 7
Finally find one I know and I get beat to the punch twice before I can type it out! Way to go guys!
 
Upvote 0
I was going to say Decoy anchor. We used to use them when i was a duck hunter
 
Upvote 2

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom