image-2546984584.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 99
  • image-286723358.jpg
    image-286723358.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 121
  • image-1750219520.jpg
    image-1750219520.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 106
Maybe it is some type of fertility god or deity. Or it could be a statue of one of my ancestors. I do see a family resemblance :laughing9:

Haha funny comments everyone! Do you have any background on the woman or her family?

Dihren said:
Haha funny comments everyone! Do you have any background on the woman or her family?

No I don't - the home was in Mississippi but I really don't know where they from--

I would say almost certainly new world. The black and white shards look like classic south western native American pottery -- Anasazi maybe. Is there a large university close to you? You could email the anthropology department (especially if they have an aracharologist in the department). The figure is awesome. Is some sort of anthropomorphic clay form. I'm a little confused by it because it almost looks like it would serve a functional purpose. The flat back is weird. I would search "Anasazi Effigy" and "Antrhopomorphic Clay Effigy" on google images -- maybe even throw "phallus" in their. Very cool. That's my two cents.

Finally - search Len Wood's Indian Territory Gallery. The owner will often give identifications of items by email. Very nice people.

randazzo1 said:
I would say almost certainly new world. The black and white shards look like classic south western native American pottery -- Anasazi maybe. Is there a large university close to you? You could email the anthropology department (especially if they have an aracharologist in the department). The figure is awesome. Is some sort of anthropomorphic clay form. I'm a little confused by it because it almost looks like it would serve a functional purpose. The flat back is weird. I would search "Anasazi Effigy" and "Antrhopomorphic Clay Effigy" on google images -- maybe even throw "phallus" in their. Very cool. That's my two cents.

Finally - search Len Wood's Indian Territory Gallery. The owner will often give identifications of items by email. Very nice people.

Thank you so very much- I will follow your suggestions and will let you know how it goes- and again thank you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back