What's new

Any ideas ?

painterx7

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
2,579
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love to hunt Indian artifacts but sometimes I find other pieces any ideas or information on this middle Tennessee creek find
 

Attachments

  • image-1329732185.webp
    image-1329732185.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 178
  • image-3719510678.webp
    image-3719510678.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 167
  • image-175046369.webp
    image-175046369.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 185
  • image-1260105615.webp
    image-1260105615.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 187
Your fossil looks like the inside impression of ''platystoma niagarensis'' (Snail Fossil).


d950e5829a9af0ca4586895897b2eb95.webp
 
Thank you how rare is something like this or are they common ?
 
Pretty common. I found em up here in nj
 
Could be the optics, but there doesn't seem to be an elevated spire on painterx7's specimen. That could mean that it is a cephalopod, a nautiloid or ammonite cast.
 
Could be the optics, but there doesn't seem to be an elevated spire on painterx7's specimen. That could mean that it is a cephalopod, a nautiloid or ammonite cast.
I am lost lol it is a very cool piece and I sure appreciate the help !!!!!
 
Haha.. Yeah not everyones a fossil geek pretty cool prehistoric snail type thing man.
 
Hey I may know nothing about them but they still are cool to me lol thanks
 
Thank you very much !!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom