Any ideas??

be2019

Oct 18, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been off the site for awhile, but im back. We got to do a little hunting today now that the corn is cut. I found a small buckle looking thing I believe its brass with the words St. Louis on the front.. I will try to upload a picture IMG_20151001_105431238_HDR.jpgMetal Detecting.jpg
It was good to get out, and now with this cooler weather Im even more ready to go again. Good Hunting Everyone.

Upvote 5
Cool find. May we see the back please and know the size?

DCMatt

Padlock plate... warded padlock dates from the early 1900s

201204_image2.gif

AS QUOTED FROM WESTERN AND EASTERN TREASURES... -Vol. 46 April 2012

Ask Mark Parker column...

"made by the E. T. Fraim Co. of Lancaster, PennsylvaniAs for the “St. Louis” name, it’s been suggested that this is one of a number of locks issued to cash in on the enormous interest and enthusiasm surrounding the St. Louis World’s Fair, or Louisiana Purchase Exposition, held in 1904. However, purists protest that a true commemorative ought to carry the word FAIR or EXPOSITION, or at least the date 1904. At any rate, it’s a fairly common but collectable little item, usually retailing around $20."

Last edited:
Awesome thanks for the information, I will add it to the box lol... :notworthy:

OLD LOCK FOR SURE BUT 2019 ALSO LOOKS TO HAVE A GOOD PLACE TO HUNT . OH DEM CORNFEILDS HOLD ALOT OF SECRETS ..

Cool old lock plate thanks for sharing[emoji106]

Padlock plate... warded padlock dates from the early 1900s

View attachment 1217664

AS QUOTED FROM WESTERN AND EASTERN TREASURES... -Vol. 46 April 2012

Ask Mark Parker column...

"made by the E. T. Fraim Co. of Lancaster, PennsylvaniAs for the “St. Louis” name, it’s been suggested that this is one of a number of locks issued to cash in on the enormous interest and enthusiasm surrounding the St. Louis World’s Fair, or Louisiana Purchase Exposition, held in 1904. However, purists protest that a true commemorative ought to carry the word FAIR or EXPOSITION, or at least the date 1904. At any rate, it’s a fairly common but collectable little item, usually retailing around $20."

Damm, you're good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back