What's new

any info on this button

shattercane

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2010
Messages
29
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
I found several of these buttons at an old dump. They are brass, one piece with a loop welded on the back. There is no writing on the back that i can see. Are they military or just regular clothing buttons?
 

Attachments

  • DSC01823-w776-h576.webp
    DSC01823-w776-h576.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 293
  • DSC01824-w776-h576.webp
    DSC01824-w776-h576.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 280
Are they all the same? How many did you find? They look like early 1800s civilian flat buttons.
 
Upvote 0
fyrffytr1 said:
Are they all the same? How many did you find? They look like early 1800s civilian flat buttons.
They are all the same. I found 6. Perhaps they came off of the same garment.
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
fyrffytr1 said:
Are they all the same? How many did you find? They look like early 1800s civilian flat buttons.
:icon_thumright: Probably British made
CRUSADER, would you have a guess on the age of this button. fyrffytr1 thought maybe early 1800's. Do you also think it could be that old. It is hard to tell from the picture but it is not completely flat, it has kind of a rounded shape. Thankyou both for your input.
 
Upvote 0
I am not a button expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once :laughing7: so I think that I am in the ball park when I say 1820s-30s. Maybe a tad earlier.
They are probably from the same garment and a real nice find.
 
Upvote 0
fyrffytr1 said:
I am not a button expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once :laughing7: so I think that I am in the ball park when I say 1820s-30s. Maybe a tad earlier.
They are probably from the same garment and a real nice find.
thankyou for the info fyrffyter1
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Same era as livery buttons. Almost 100% sure it is Brit.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
15
Views
1K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Pre civil war?
Replies
6
Views
579
Replies
12
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom