What's new

Any Info?

Gobbler1770

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Can anyone give me more info on this piece? I am new to this site and it looks like a great site. I have been interested in treasure hunting for years as I became a certified diver in 1988 at age 14 when I used to spend summers in Sarasota FL however, I haven't been there or diving since 94. I recently purchased a MD and went to a favorite location where in 1988 or 89 I had found a coin from 1770s.(unfortunately (as a bragging kid and hiding it in my home) the coin was found and stolen). All I can say about the piece is I am sure it is some type of grave piece as I did find it (and others) near old cemetery location. In all I found 4 along with another small piece(can post photo l8r) but this is only one plated. others look to be pewter or lead. About 4" top-bottom 2.5-3"w and .25"thick.Any info would be helpful and appreciated.
Thank you
 

Attachments

  • 073010184147.webp
    073010184147.webp
    7.1 KB · Views: 221
Could be a coffin decoration. The phrase, "Lamb of God" comes to mind.
Nice find!
DG
 
Upvote 0
There was a big discussion about these a while back, but I'll be darned if I can find the thread
 
Upvote 0
I agree; it looks like a baby/child's coffin decor from the late Victorian period. Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom