What's new

Any Mders in Newport, RI?

VB Sanddigger

Full Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
171
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Location
Suffolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any Md'ers in Newport, RI?

Hi,

I am disembarking off the cruise ship on Sunday, September 12, 2010 from 8 AM to 6 PM. Anyone know a close by detecting spot? Thanks for your responses.

Sanddigger
 
Upvote 0
Re: Any Md'ers in Newport, RI?

Hi Sanddigger,

You'll probably get dropped off at Goat Island or someplace right near there not far from the Brick Market Place. The most popular beaches near there are:
Easton's beach (also known as first beach) which is probably 1 to 2 miles away from that area.
Sachuest beach (also known as second beach) which is probably 3 to 4 miles away and is actually in Middletown. The beach season starts on Memorial day weekend and typically ends on Labor Day weekend. The weather is still nice enough to go to the beach in September, but not as many people go after Labor Day weekend. On September 12th, low tide is about 5:14 pm. Newport has been a very busy seaport for hundreds of years and I believe was founded in 1639. So detecting on land is not bad either.

Newport is a beautiful place and there are a lot of nice things to see there.

Glenn
 
Re: Any Md'ers in Newport, RI?

Funny I should see this post ? Just returned from NP on Fri went to second beach w/ my GF , the place was packed to the gills and the surf was pounding I can only imagine the amount of loot on that beach . had machine w/ me but didn't even take it out, couldn't even swing . I would imagine that sept should be less crowded, lots of area to cover in your short visit good luck :icon_thumleft: Steve
 
Re: Any Md'ers in Newport, RI?

Went there a few summers ago and found a ton of quarters on the beaches. I wondered why until I went into town. There were parking meters everywhere and they required quarters. Also, I have kicked myself many times for not detecting in town where they were tearing up old, really old, sidewalks. This was in the oldest section and God knows what I would have found. AAAGH!

Tom
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom