What's new

any one ever heard of Dr detector aka Butch Mayes

Alrighty then, the dr. detector reference I cannot connect the dots on that, but based off the mathmatical probability, of my odds calculations, based on certain key factors, there is a 96.7% chance that this is the info you are looking for.

Butch Mayes
Lost Treasure Newsletter ( page 17 reference )

His Book
9780971117006: The Ultimate Metal Detecting Book - A Treasure Hunter's Guide - AbeBooks - Butch Mayes: 0971117004

His obituary.

Berdine Mitchell “Butch” Mayes Sr.
Played in Butch South and the Southern Surprise
Berdine Mitchell “Butch” Mayes Sr., 71, died Monday, March 12, 2012, at his residence in Morriston. He was born in Elmira, N.Y., to Andrew and Jeanne Mayes.
After living in Miami for most of his life, he moved 27 years ago to Levy County.
He was a member of the Meadowbrook Church in Ocala. He was the founder of the Mid Tennessee Historical Society and the Mid Florida Historical Society in Ocala. He enjoyed fishing, playing guitar and singing in his band, Butch South and the Southern Surprise. He spent a lot of time metal detecting. He was the author of “The Ultimate Metal Detecting Guide” and has many artifacts on display at the Williston Public Library.
He is survived by his wife of 26 years, Cheryl Mayes; sons, Berdine Mitchell Mayes Jr., Danny (Tatum) Akina, David Akina, Andrew (Amy) Mayes; daughters, Tammy (Joseph) Navarro, DeeAnn Akina Wallace, Amie Mayes Douglas; brother; Johnny Mayes, his sister, Maurleen Weigand; 11 grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; several nieces and nephews and many special friends.
A visitation will be held at Knauff Funeral Home in Williston on Friday, March 16, from 1 to 3 p.m. followed by funeral services at 3 p.m.
Arrangements are under the direction of Knauff Funeral Home in Williston.

You would have to contact somebody personally to find out about the doctor detector nickname.
Hope this info helps you.

Mike
 
Of course! Used to see his posts all the time, and for a while he participated in an online metal detecting talk show... around 2000 or 2001. I'm not sure if anyone ever recorded and kept the shows.

PS: He used to go by Mr. Detector.
 

Attachments

  • pic361070.webp
    pic361070.webp
    67.8 KB · Views: 138
Well thanks Iron Patch, that Mr. Detector vs Dr. Detector I was searching for concludes my search then.
That's sad that he passed on, that Mr. Part would have saved me some time, but at least I still got the right person, thanks again.

Mike
 
Well thanks Iron Patch, that Mr. Detector vs Dr. Detector I was searching for concludes my search then.
That's sad that he passed on, that Mr. Part would have saved me some time, but at least I still got the right person, thanks again.

Mike



I wasn't aware he was gone, and was hoping it was the wrong person you found, but as I read and seen Ocala, I knew it was him.
 
I'm sorry, I sincerely hope the info I found has not upset you, especially if he was your friend.

Mike


No, no worries there, I just posted at the same site for several years and knew him as a regular poster. At most I exchanged a few messages with him but that was all... really didn't know him on a personal level, but it's too bad he's gone. 50 years that guy detected and I sure hope I can get there too.
 
By the way people, all Info's I uncover, ARE sourced from public knowledge bases, so nothing I post is private information.

This is not necessarily true. While the data may be taken from public records, some data—especially data you pay for—may not be for public consumption. The Net is, after all, a double-sided coin of both good data and bad data. The heck of it is, most folks don't know which is which.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I have the book, and on a ten scale is about a 6 or 7.
 
He was my uncle and a great man I think he was one of the best treasure hunter.
 
Was lucky to dig with him and George Benjamin on a trip to Florida several years ago...

pic56856.webp
 

Attachments

  • pic56856.webp
    pic56856.webp
    32.7 KB · Views: 129
That's awesome great pic too. Best uncle in the world. He's in best treasure place now streets of gold. Chad Mayes
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom