Any one ever heard of this detector?

MightyMouse

Sep 6, 2009
Weeki Wachee, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro
Famous Trails Neptune Waterproof Metal Detector. I have never heard of the brand or anything was wondering if others have more info about it? Im looking for an underwater detector. This one is proof to 120 feet. Im not looking for expensive because i don't know how much i will get down to the beach and use it. I have run across a listing for wal-mart thats got it priced for 99.00. Thanks

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold in some countries as the MD 6000. Best depth report I've seen was for dry sand (seven inches). A U.S. reviewer claimed 4-6 inches on dry sand and 2-4 inches in the water. At one foot under the water it went mad on him and it turned out to have flooded.
The only thing I can say is that at least you have found it at a good price as they have been advertised at $200-$250. Far better to buy a well known brand even if lack of funds forces you to buy something thats old (as long as you can try it first).

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MightyMouse said:
Famous Trails Neptune Waterproof Metal Detector. I have never heard of the brand or anything was wondering if others have more info about it? Im looking for an underwater detector. This one is proof to 120 feet. Im not looking for expensive because i don't know how much i will get down to the beach and use it. I have run across a listing for wal-mart thats got it priced for 99.00. Thanks

Complete and utter garbage! You might as well flush your money down the toilet now. If you want a REAL underwater Saltwater machine, you'll need $600 just to get started. I use a Tesoro Sand Shark, a pulse induction unit rated to 200' - Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread