ANY opinions on imports (China/Japan) Metal Detectors?

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
I have an opportunity to acquire a fistful of these "no name" machines, but I gotta tell ya, I never hear any mention of any off brand machines on here. I mean the specs look good as far as tit for tat, but honestly, YOUR opinions matter to me as to whether or not I get these things. Obviously I would want to resell them and probably keep one for myself. ANYway, what's your input...Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
lennon631

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Sandman said:
lennon631 said:
Wo wo wo, stop right there lol! I wouldn't WANT to sell ANYTHING that I wouldn't want to buy myself. If they're crap, well then they're crap and it wouldn't sit well with me at all to knowingly do so. I'll pass on them and let them go. I have morals you know! lol, but I appreciate the responses. They looked good on paper, but I go to bed with a clear conscious and want to wake up with one. Thanks again all... it was just a thought :sign13:

I couldn't have said it any better! :thumbsup: How could you push this junk on a future treasure hunter just to make a dime? You have to really be a low life to take advantage of people like this when we are trying to push knowledge of the proper detectors to buy and use so they get the max enjoyment out of the hobby like we are doing.

Yeah, what he said! Thank you Sandman, I appreciate it :icon_thumright:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Got that GC 1023 Chin rig. I use it only in playgrounds and totlots occasionally and it paid for itself within a week at 62 bucks. Coins to 8" in woodchips and almost as good in sand. Not enough clarity to trust in the dirt beyond 4 or 5 inches though.

I've found gold and coins with it now and have no problem with using it in the presence of any of y'all.

Given my penchant for all things American I'd not hold it against any of you to bust it up on me either, it's paid for.....

Got to work with a lot of Chin engineers some years back when they were opening our cell phone factory over there. Most unimaginative, uncreative and clueless folks I ever met.

Their only concern was what is good for their government is good for them or better said by many of them, "This will be good for the State." But then again many if not most all of these were kids of high-end party officials.

Meanwhile, our home-brew Asian and Chinese-American engineers could run circles around them, intellectually and creatively without any sweat. Now if I could get some of those guys and gals to build a coil and a rig.....

OP
OP
lennon631

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
"Lowbatt DUCK"!!! Nothin' beats a free (paid for) machine...Good Luck and Hunting!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
lennon631 said:
Wo wo wo, stop right there lol! I wouldn't WANT to sell ANYTHING that I wouldn't want to buy myself. If they're crap, well then they're crap and it wouldn't sit well with me at all to knowingly do so. I'll pass on them and let them go. I have morals you know! lol, but I appreciate the responses. They looked good on paper, but I go to bed with a clear conscious and want to wake up with one. Thanks again all... it was just a thought :sign13:

I couldn't have said it any better! :thumbsup: How could you push this junk on a future treasure hunter just to make a dime? You have to really be a low life to take advantage of people like this when we are trying to push knowledge of the proper detectors to buy and use so they get the max enjoyment out of the hobby like we are doing.

This is true..i made the mistake of buying my son a MD from Toys R Us....What a Joke..he was only only 5 and knew it suckd...and until i started letting him swing mine around..he totally lost intrest in treasure hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread