Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Any other gun nuts here?

Red James cash said:
Very, VERY sadly, this is the kind of thing that puts you on the NSA watch list

If youre a living breathing american youre most likely on the list anyway for one reason or another, especially from the absurd reasons given that americans are under suspicion for being a domestic terrorists. Read that list its quite the laugh seeing as how its written by corrupt pieces of garbage. :laughing7:

Yeah, we are probably all on that list by virtue of making entries on this thread. Especially, me, since I made the reference to "gun nuts", when all I meant was "those who like to shoot and/or collect firearms."

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other

You dont even have to be a gun nut, if you like guns and own guns youre on the list. If youre a member of a rod and gun club, youre on the list and under suspicion of being a domestic terrorist. Hell youre under suspicion just for owning a gun. Isnt our government wonderful to brand us terrorists for exercising our constitutional rights.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

Red James cash said:
Very, VERY sadly, this is the kind of thing that puts you on the NSA watch list

If youre a living breathing american youre most likely on the list anyway for one reason or another, especially from the absurd reasons given that americans are under suspicion for being a domestic terrorists. Read that list its quite the laugh seeing as how its written by corrupt pieces of garbage. :laughing7:

I personally [currently] own 3 handguns strategically placed throughout my house. I won't consider myself a gun nut, nor a person that should be placed on the watch list. But, Sadly, we are nuts simply if we make it known that we have a 22 short round in our possession.

It still stands, I need a neighbor that has a 50mm cannon. (sorry, .30mm). BTW, I think .30MM was a typo. I'm thinking he meant to say 30MM. Or, in American terms, a Big Ass 1.18 inch projectile that will find a way in anything.

OP
OP
Roland58

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Red James cash said:
You dont even have to be a gun nut, if you like guns and own guns youre on the list. If youre a member of a rod and gun club, youre on the list and under suspicion of being a domestic terrorist. Hell youre under suspicion just for owning a gun. Isnt our government wonderful to brand us terrorists for exercising our constitutional rights.

The weapons are okay.........just don't try to fertilize your lawn!

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

I truly believe that ever human in America needs to at least know how to operate a weapon. Not that they need to use that need, but simply be able to in case of domestic invaders. (hint: somewhere in the next 10 years).

shooter_250

Sep 18, 2010

Don't forget Military Vets...we were put on the watch list a couple, three years ago...

Guns...I like 'em

Lee

OP
OP
Roland58

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

shooter_250 said:
Don't forget Military Vets...we were put on the watch list a couple, three years ago...

Guns...I like 'em

Lee

Ain't that some crap? I find it appalling what our vets (of which I am one) are and have been subjected to.........including this "list." I'm not a consipiracy theorist, but, I am sure that projects like "Magic Lantern" and those that have followed, have most all of us on one list or another. No doubt, Orwell was right.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other

Ain't that some crap? I find it appalling what our vets (of which I am one) are and have been subjected to.........including this "list." I'm not a consipiracy theorist, but, I am sure that projects like "Magic Lantern" and those that have followed, have most all of us on one list or another. No doubt, Orwell was right

You got it :thumbsup: Hell man, youre on the list if you walk around with your hands in your pockets :sign10: sad but true.

ajbrady

Oct 24, 2009

I have been known to punch holes in paper from a distance. I have a Kimber and a few Walthers and at least one Evil Black rifle.
Funny, We use these to put bits of metal in the ground and metal detectors to go find bits of metal that other people put in the ground.

OP
OP
Roland58

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

lost crow said:
All my guns got stolen. lol

That's a big, royal bite in the butt! Was this a break in at your house or ??? I have all of mine in a large safe.......well, with the exception of a few strategically placed pistols about the house as a "just in case."

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Roland58 said:
They are both exceptional weapons, I guess I would have to go with the one that had the most ammo. All things equal, I would probably go with the AK for the simplicity and ability to operate in any condition.

Gopher........okay, "nut" was the wrong term to use, but, you knew what I meant. I'm like you, a collector and enthusiast......I have a number of "pride and joys."

Diggin'.......I'll get the collection out for pics in the near future.

While we are here.......I just got a Pelican case for the SCAR. It has the standard three layers of foam, the center which needs to have the silhouette cut out. My question is, how and with what does one cut this so as to keep the edges vertical and even? No problem tracing an outline, I'm just a little hesitant to start slicing away with a razor blade. I need a heated foam cutting wire with a table. I do have a rotary material cutter, maybe that would work?

mikeofaustin said:
Roland58 said:
I would like to hear from any one else that considers themselves a gun nut, I KNOW I am!

Most recent purchases were the Beretta P22 Bobcat and a FNH 17S SCAR.

If you were walking in a wasteland, and came upon two rifles... an AK or an M16, and could pick up only one. which would it be and why?

OP
OP
Roland58

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nsdq sed, "If you were walking in a wasteland, and came upon two rifles... an AK or an M16, and could pick up only one. which would it be and why?"

No doubt in my mind.....in spite of the accuracy difference, I would take the AK for mechanical simplicity and the solid ability to keep going "bang" regardless of subjected abuse. I should add that the M16 is a great weapon and would make an excellent choice, but, I money is on the AK.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roland58 said:
nsdq sed, "If you were walking in a wasteland, and came upon two rifles... an AK or an M16, and could pick up only one. which would it be and why?"

No doubt in my mind.....in spite of the accuracy difference, I would take the AK for mechanical simplicity and the solid ability to keep going "bang" regardless of subjected abuse. I should add that the M16 is a great weapon and would make an excellent choice, but, I money is on the AK.

the ak 47 no question

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO someone has to carry that ammo, so I go for single, accurate shots such as from a S&W .357 with a 4" barrel rather than a spray and pray thingie.

Don Jose de La Mancha (who is entirely unbiased in favor of S&W revolvers)

OP
OP
Roland58

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
HIO someone has to carry that ammo, so I go for single, accurate shots such as from a S&W .357 with a 4" barrel rather than a spray and pray thingie.

Don Jose de La Mancha (who is entirely unbiased in favor of S&W revolvers)

That's cool, but, nsdq's original question only gave you a choice of the AK or the M16. There would be a myriad of answers if one could choose one of anything!

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lost crow said:

Such a shame. ::)

All mine were lost in a tragic boating accident. Also happened to a bunch of others I heard. :'( :'(

OP
OP
Roland58

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

lost crow said:

If all mine were to be stolen, it would not be time for "lol." I'd be most upset. A thief would have a really hard time getting mine, he could get a few (depending if I were home at the time or not), the rest are in a large safe bolted to the floor. This is not just any safe, it is a quality, heavy duty, commercial type safe. Not saying someone couldn't get into it, but, it would certainly take them a while and they would need some noisy tools, or, an expert dial lock picker. Ammo is locked in another safe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread