What's new

Any toy experts out there?

BenVa68

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2018
Messages
504
Reaction score
1,735
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this at an 1800s hotel site today. The Hotel was built in 1840 along with 4 or 5 cottages on the same site. The Hotel was torn down in 1938. I don't know much about older toys but it looks pretty old. Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • 20180520_203804.webp
    20180520_203804.webp
    395.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 20180520_203835.webp
    20180520_203835.webp
    600.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 20180520_204105.webp
    20180520_204105.webp
    515.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 20180520_204113.webp
    20180520_204113.webp
    634.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 20180520_204155.webp
    20180520_204155.webp
    858.1 KB · Views: 89
It sure is old. I would guess pre 1950.
 
Upvote 0
I think it is 1930s pressed steel. Marx Wyandotte made them in the style of your find.
 
Upvote 0
You guys are good.
 
Upvote 0
I concur to the Navy..LOL great sleuthing , got to visit the museum with my mom some years ago, I urge everyone who likes this to go.. Marx made some neat stuff...mtoy.webp Neat find, little brushing and bending and you got a neat piece
 
Upvote 0
I would like to restore some of my finds but don't know where to get parts.....HH....BonzIMG_2097.webpIMG_2098.webp
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom