Any whispers of a 2018 model from Tesoro?

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, that's two completely different things. "..Things are about to change greatly at the factory in Prescott,.." doesn't necessarily mean the changes will be great, as in, positive changes.

Things are about to change greatly at the factory as opposed to great changes at the factory. Both could mean positive or negative changes. All that comment say's is that he don't know anything more than what these others "know" about what's going on. Oh, but he does, just that he can't say? Like I said, been hearing rumors like this for years from those who think they have some sort of inside knowledge that only they know about but can't say. I'm sure Tesoro advises Terry of any decisions and/or changes within the company, right? Sounds like trying to pee in our ears and telling us it's raining. Just not everyone falls for it though. lol. Gee, the boy who cried wolf story comes to mind. haha. Guess he is going to have all the secret inside information about Minelab now, but won't be able to say anything about that either... Love ya Terry! haha

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro spanish for bankruptcy?

Chub

erte

Mar 19, 2017
Croatia
Detector(s) used
gpx 4800, tdi pro, sov gt/xs, sand shark 10.5'', vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they should build upon or re-release the golden umax, don't know why they stopped selling it, it had different tones and a lower price that could compete with other brands multi freq machines

RWJR13

Apr 25, 2007
MESQUITE, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT & Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Slow processs there....Things have changed but will see if for the best......

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thing's seem to slowed down since 2014 last time I sent my Tesoro in.
Paid $50 yesterday , Is no news good news ? 5.30 Est still no word back.

See my post (if y'all want for more ranting & info ).

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Things are about to change greatly at the factory as opposed to great changes at the factory. Both could mean positive or negative changes. All that comment say's is that he don't know anything more than what these others "know" about what's going on. Oh, but he does, just that he can't say? Like I said, been hearing rumors like this for years from those who think they have some sort of inside knowledge that only they know about but can't say. I'm sure Tesoro advises Terry of any decisions and/or changes within the company, right? Sounds like trying to pee in our ears and telling us it's raining. Just not everyone falls for it though. lol. Gee, the boy who cried wolf story comes to mind. haha. Guess he is going to have all the secret inside information about Minelab now, but won't be able to say anything about that either... Love ya Terry! haha

Rusty asked me not to say anything about his leaving - until he did, or the stuff going on within the company. The "boy who cried wolf?" LOL in New York! :hello:

Eleven Cents

Nov 30, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All it takes to destroy a healthy company with a devoted costumer base is one CEO unfit for the job. I really hope that doesn't happen to Tesoro.

HistoryStudent

Feb 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they should build upon or re-release the golden umax, don't know why they stopped selling it, it had different tones and a lower price that could compete with other brands multi freq machines
I would buy one especially if they added manual ground balance. However, it appears that there was only one engineer who was capable of creating a multi tone Tesoro. Or so the story goes.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm very disappointed with the new 'main' people there, ' at this time if something changes ill let y'all know.:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I DON'T THINK ANY NEW MODELS WILL COME OUT , IMHO

SEEM'S THEY CAN NOT EVEN TAKE CARE OF THEIR OLDER MACHINES!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOW MONDAY JULY 23-2018.

I HAVE HEARD 'NOTHING!!!!' BACK FROM TESORO , 2 WEEKS SINCE I PAID THE $50 ,TO CHECK OUT THE MACHINE!

Some may ask why I have not called them , well it's been a rough 10 or so days ( family & Pet issues)
and I don't want to hear more bad news or more $. + They wasted no time calling me to get the $50 on the day they got the machine in Prescott. & The tech clearly stated they would call if anything was needed, not only do they have my Tejon they also have my new 'deep search coil' & the stock coil.

If I lived near Prescott I would have likely went there in person, If I had the $ i'd fly out there.

I'm not loosing Thousands of dollars here but being on SSIDA this is big $ to me .
Just frustrated , if I feel 'Froggy' Ill likely call Tomorrow. :BangHead:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Squeaky wheel gets greased but why should you have to be squeaky? Not very professional by the sounds of it.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Concerning my Tesoro Tejon , I had to call , guess that's cool but I just talked to the Lady at 7 pm EST & she said my machine was mailed out /back to me on Monday the 23rd so it may show up tomorrow or Friday.

Ill let y'all know what the issue was ; I'm glad it did not cost more than the $50 service fee.

Soooo
They are still runnin , just a little slower that I experienced 3-4 years ago.
Davers

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That would be interesting to see a multi frequency in that machine.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes Rook3434, IMHO: I would love to see Tesoro produce a multi (3, 4 or 5) frequency machine. I find their machines to have great discrimination (Own Outlaw and Tejon machines) with multi frequency, depth meter, VID, waterproof (?) and multiple tone selection option... it would be interesting and they would most likely increase their sales to loyal Tesoro users. :icon_thumleft:

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
I like Tesoro, specifically my Outlaw the way it is. I love that it doesn't have a screen and it tells you everything you need to know once you master it. Best machine I've ever owned.
The only thing I'd like to see is wireless headphones and it being waterproof.

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ronzie, I use a pair of Deteknix wireless headphones on my Vaquero. They work flawlessly.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Ronzie, I use a pair of Deteknix wireless headphones on my Vaquero. They work flawlessly.

I might have to look into that, thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions