What's new

Anybody dump halves at a Casino?

corey237

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2010
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Went to play a little poker tonight at a Casino about 9 miles where I am working. I noticed a guy playing the $0.50 slots with halves. I always have about $30 in halves in my pants pocket to dump on small things. So I go to the cashier and they run them through the machine and give me the cash.

I'm wondering how they would react if I carried in a $700 bag of halves and cashed them in? I have no intention of sitting in the casino and playing. I'm thinking they won't care if they assume I will be spending it there. Wondering if anyone else dumps their halves this way?
 
Upvote 0
Don't know where you live, or what casino is near you. That probably wouldn't fly here in Vegas. For the most part they don't have coin counters in the casinos any more. I tried taking in about $100 of quarters a few years back and they wouldn't take them.

Of course, they would have no problem if I sat at a machine, putting them in. :tongue3:

-Ken
 
Most Casinos by me do not use coins but this one does. Tonight was the first night I was in there. I plan to slip in cash in some halves, make a couple of laps around the place and split.
 
I've dumped $500 box of halves at Cache Creek Casino in CA in 2002. Haven't been back since. Don't go to Casinos anymore. Brought the box right into the casino. No issues with it. The machine was accurate. I don't see why it would be an issue.
 
I've done it numerous times with nickels and halves.

I would be careful how much you bring in at one time though as they are always on the lookout for suspicious activity and sometimes consider bringing in large amounts of coin from outside the casino as suspicious activity.

I would generally recommend one of two strategies to avoid suspicion:

A) Bring only what you can fit in your pockets walking in (if you have big pockets, make sure you were a belt and walk slow... ;D ) Also note that cargo pants have lots of pockets to fill...

B) Go in, get a casino cup (or maybe 2) and return to the car. Fill said casino cup(s) and walk back in with the cup(s) full. Proceed to cash it in. I wouldn't do this more than once if you are just cashing in and leaving, but if you are playing for awhile as well you could maybe do it a couple times spread out over the night.


That being said, I did bring a $200 can worth of nickels one night to cash in, but I also played all night so there was no problem. Got some interesting looks from the people in the casino as the cage wasn't near the door, but it was fun. :) My dad has done it as well, he would use wool socks as bags (can't imagine what the casino must have thought...)

Others on this forum have tried to bring in large amounts of coin before only to be shoed away (and possibly hassled) by the casino. I think that typically happened after more than one large cash in had occurred where they didn't play, but I don't recall.

I say go for it, but don't get greedy and you should be ok.
 
i took in 360 dollars in halfs to an indian casino and they were all rolled they took them to the back and ran them through the machine and paid me. i told them i collected coins for a hobby and that gave me extra cash to play the slots and the cashier said great good luck but only did it once suprdave
 
I tired to cash in $500 in halves at Harrah's Lake Tahoe and they wanted to charge me 7%. I told them no thanks. Apparently, all the machines have gone cashless. I don't play slots, but is seems that part of the fun is putting the coins in and getting paid for wins (small ones anyway) in coins. The whole casino experience imo has gone in the toilet.
 
Did not go in today like I originally planned but I am gonna dump some every Thursday because I plan to play poker every Thursday. I also promote events some of which are at Casinos. In my experience they want your money and don't care how it comes in as long as you are playing.
 
I dumped $1500+ at planet hollywood last week in vegas. I did it in many trips to the cashier at different times of the day. I was staying there so they if they asked, which they never did, i would have ammo.

My largest was single dump was $460 in a small shopping bag.

Other notes:
Harrahs will let you dump
Bills gambling hall will let you dump
Excallibur will deny you unless you are staying
New York New York has no coin machine it claims
 
Win River Casino in Redding, CA has always charged to dump halves so I would take them to Rolling Hills Casino in Corning. They have started charging now so I just take them to the bank where I have an account and they have a machine I use for free. I don't get tempted to play any slots on my way out of the bank either. ;D Casino looses every time I dump at the bank! :icon_thumleft:
 
From what I hear they stop it pretty quick if you continue to bring it in.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom