What's new

Anybody ever found some like this

coosakid

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2016
Messages
611
Reaction score
970
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this awhile back around the house, never thought a whole lot about it. Then the other day at work I found one just like it. Both had a good edge and come down to a stem. But rounded? Seems worked for sure. Maybe a blank??? Tried to take good enough pictures to show yall
 
Upvote 0
Technical difficulties
 

Attachments

  • 1490494569073.webp
    1490494569073.webp
    8.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 1490494597443.webp
    1490494597443.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 124
Hard to tell from the pics I think your gonna have to be the jury and judge on that one
 
I see what you mean, arrowhead blank right? The basic shape is there, just not finished. Pretty cool finds
 
Yeah I already know the pics are bad. Its been worked for sure, you'll just have to trust me on that. But would this be considered a quarry blank.
 
Yep I'm pretty sure Beezly .... Just learning myself..... And everybody on here hates my bad pics
 
No worries, my camera doesn't even work! Good group of people on here mostly, I'm pretty new to the forum.
 
Scrapers are found in shapes like that, as well as a multitude of sizes.
My camera doesn't take good close up pics either, don't feel bad.
 
Coosakid is the area that you are calling the steam, is it broken there are is it chipped off like the edges. Quarry spalls are much larger and it could very well have been an item that just never got completed. Good find:icon_thumleft:
 
A lil better daylight pic.... Doesn't seem broke anywhere... And thanks for looking
 

Attachments

  • 1490540229206.webp
    1490540229206.webp
    9.8 KB · Views: 115
looks like a scrapper.nice one
 
Thanks I knew it was something just didn't know what to call it
 
Nice find ! And I agree, a scraper/knife. Check out my "broken translucent thing" post from today....similar....but mine's broke.
 
I have no idea what it is, but I love the material!
 
Looks to be a Woodland scraper like the ones I find. You can call it a round nosed knife if you like it would of been hafted on the narrow end to a handle.
 
Looks like a nice scraper from here....
 
I hear ya rock makes sense.
Glad I kept up with it
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom