Anybody from the Philippines?

Kudo

Tenderfoot
Oct 28, 2010
Hello everyone!
Another American here in the Philippines. From southern Cali by way of the Chicago area. Now living Mindanao for just over a year now. There seem to be many famous stories of one popular mayor finding one of General Yamashita Tomoyuke cash deposits :icon_pirat:
I'm not into treasure hunting but while we are already reconstructing our property and constructing a house, I figured it may be stupid not to take some kind of look for what may have been left behind.

Kudo

Tenderfoot
Oct 28, 2010
Hello Angel_09,

So good of you to welcome me to the forum. I am new to metal detecting. My first post was a little of what I am doing now and a question about which detector is right for what I want to do. No one has replied as of yet. Bottom line is I want to spend less than $700 on a detector that will see gold or any other non man made objects at least 20 feet down (more if possible). I am looking at three possible matches for this task but not knowing anything about these machines kind of leaves me in the dark and guessing. I did trying chatting with a sales rep at Kellyco but got no where. Any suggestions would be great.

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005
Hi KUdo,

Most metal detectors in the market today are/were designed mostly for coinshooting and relics hunting, however, these detectors doesn't restrict their capabilities regarding the items you will find, of course, it depends on the country/place it will be used. There are stories where hunters found substantial amount of gold coins using these type of detectors.
But there are detectors that were also designed to penetrate deeper, such as Pulse induction and two box detectors. These are far superior compared to other detectors in the market.
In the Philippines, the mind set of most treasure hunters are set to Yam. Treasures, and in this case, the existing detectors nowadays are of no match in finding this legendary treasures. If you will not restrict yourself to Yam. treasures, then you will enjoy using these metal detectors. Remember, Chinese and Spanish were also here in the Philippines, and they've left artifacts and treasures as well.
The detectors that can possibly reach the 20 feet depth (as your requirements) are the Pulse induction, but I'm afraid the cost is higher, while the the two box will fit to your budget.

slapz

Nov 30, 2010
Hello mga kabayan..

..i'm from Philippines at taga mindanao po ako and currently we had dug in a possible japanese treasure site somewhere in Mindanao..first of all this area was a japanese controlled area during WWII and has been testified by the local elders in the area..the site location is in the hill and a nearby river..on the surface there is a big man made concrete cement structure with mix of gravel ,corals and sea shells pasted on it, and it looks like a " SALAKOT " or a native hat mostly used by farmers..at the back of that structure approximately 5 meters far there is also a big rectanglular concrete cement structure as well and there is one hole an it's kinda borehole to me and also a man made located in the middle of that structure..we break that conccrete and start digging beneath ..on the upper soil layer about 2 feet deep we found a man made marker just beneath a head size stone and looks like in a locking sequence to me is a heart shape clay that i believe being cooked and hardened and then pasted in a white cement which is also a heart shape where there are some 2 holes at kind of a flower on the otherside of the cement..we used our metal detectors and it is pointing to Gold so we continue digging and about 2 meters we found shells fresh/sea i'm not sure mix in a soft clay.. about 4 meters deep the clay is getting hard and we noticed a dark brown spot in the clay which is intriguing to me because it's very un usual i guess..so we continue to dig deeper, until now we are in 8 meters deep and clay is gray and very hard but we still found some shells mix with it..some are whole and intact and some are pulvorized..and together we found some small pieces of wood and as well as a rotten leaves in which i wonder why it does not decomposed if the soil is hundreds or million years ago and untouched..??...my question to my fellow kabayan TH...do i need to go deeper on my dig? is our site Positive or are we on the right spot?..please help me...feel free to give me your thoughts my friends ..thank you and God bless!!

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005
The success of your project depends on your budget. If your budget can still stretch for another 5 months, probably you can have positive results.
And you also need to have detector. Anything you get from your site is not enough to prove it is positive.
Do not ask about interpretations about those items you uncover, because those giving interpretations are all speculative, they themselves haven't succesful in their project...for the past 20 to 30 years.

slapz

Nov 30, 2010
guys...here are some of the markers we found in our site during digging....take note..we dug beneath the surface marker which is a retangular cemented straucture mixed with shells,corals and different stones...the surface marker has a borehole in the middle of the rectangular structure..please have a look and what can you say about it?? thankss.

slapz :wink:

Attachments

• surface marker.JPG
    surface marker.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 1,312
  • our TOP marker dug beneath the locking stone. with hardened clay heart shape pasted on a white...jpg
    our TOP marker dug beneath the locking stone. with hardened clay heart shape pasted on a white...jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 14,272
  • frog with carved V shape in the head.jpg
    frog with carved V shape in the head.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,370
  • FROG with letter V on the head.jpg
    FROG with letter V on the head.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,227
  • SWAN.jpg
    SWAN.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,200

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005
Slapz, in treasure hunting, things must be looked objectively and not emotionally.
There are these treasure hunters who presented pictures about their projects and asking for interpretations and help from other hunters recieved critical questions and comments, and yet instead of analyzing deeply, they felt ridiculed by others. And they answer back negatively thus giving others the impression that it is another scam story or whatever as other percieved.
Now, in regards with your pictures, probably others will comment far from what you expect, because there are so much questions to be answered before other hunters can give a honest assesment.
For starter:
1. The rectangular cemented structure, why are you convince that it is really a structure made of cement? Was it chemically checked and tested?
2. The borehole you mentioned, was it recent (few decades) or was it during Japanese time?
3. The different items you've found, was it probably covered due to soil erosion thus covering these items for sometimes and looks like markers at present?

These questions are only few, not to discourage you, but fo you to think twice and give more analysis in what you are doing. Unless you and others are 100% convinced about what you found, then you can always give a try to go further. Ask different questions to yourself and be your own critic to what you have found.

slapz

Nov 30, 2010
Angel first of all thanks for your comments...i am open minded and i respect anybodies opinion so no worries mate.. :wink i will answer your question one by one.

1. The rectangular cemented structure, why are you convince that it is really a structure made of cement? Was it chemically checked and tested? ans. i'm convince because the rectangular structure is not a natural rock..why? because is it composed of a cement and a mixed of corals , shells and gravel....but we never tested in a lab cause it is alraedy very obvious..

2. The borehole you mentioned, was it recent (few decades) or was it during Japanese time? ans. it is during japanes time hole is in its original form..according to the late original land owner he said to his grandaughter which is now the owner of the place it was there since he was a kid after the war because they came back in their land..

3. The different items you've found, was it probably covered due to soil erosion thus covering these items for sometimes and looks like markers at present? ans. NO its not...it's beneath the four locking heads size stone under that rectangular cement structure...

i myself at first was skeptical about it...so i conduct investigation first..because first of all i don't want to waste my Money and time to finance for this project if it is not worthy.. :wink:

Dec 6, 2010
Another foreigner here in Mindanao ... but from UK originally.

We have found marker stones on our farm - these, together with information from one of our employees, that his father witnessed Japanese digging within a few meters of these markers, and substantial interest in our land from Japanese 'passers-by' leads us to believe that we ought to investigate!

A Japanese company has been offering to sink water wells in the area. On one nearby farm they drilled/dug for a few days, then became very secretive, working behind screens with armed guards. One morning, everyone had disappeared from the work area and the well has never been completed!

We explored below one of our markers and found a very large (but empty!) piece of very hard cement supporting the marker stone.

Our farm has a river on one boundary, has a hill with tunnel/cave, and is close to active gold mines.

I think I desperately need a decent detector!

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005
Hi Foreigner in the Phil.,

I think you're too late. based on what you had said, and what you've found, anything of value had been taken off. In my opinion, if there is another thing of value in that area, it will be too deep to get and will just siphon all your budget.

However, I do not want to dampen your enthusiasm, you can still buy metal detector, but what are offered in the market is not applicable in the Philippines.

Dec 6, 2010
angel_09 said:
I think you're too late. based on what you had said, and what you've found, anything of value had been taken off.

I'm not sure why you come to that conclusion. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough ... the Japanese dig was witnessed during the war - 1945, and some 50 metres from the house in which the Japanese family were living. The interest being shown in our land by 'passers-by' is very current and frequent. The nearby well work was about 1/2 km away from our site (our farm is about 11 hectares).

On another nearby site (about 1km away), the owner had just completed the build of a new house. Then, he vanished a couple of years ago, never to be seen again, but leaving a large pit on his land. The local opinion has been that he found something of value and simply vanished into obscurity with it.

As for applicability of detectors - I'd be interested to hear more details. Other finds in the area seem to have been at around eight feet. I was thinking that a two-box type detector ought to save us from a lot of 'blind' digging and must be better that the locally-procured detectors which sound to be no more than dowsing rods.

It might also be worth stating that the soil on our farm, certainly in the area of current interest, is very clean, slightly clayey, orangey/brown, down to around five or six feet. There are no hard mineral items in there at all. I have been amazed at how easy it is to dig drainage ditches. At the five - six foot level, there are a few more solid elements, but not densely packed, and the colour becomes a little darker, slightly blue/grey in colour. I really hope/believe that this ought to be easy terrain in which to use a detector.

Also, it is this lack of hard mineral in the upper layers that makes the presence of the 'marker stones', and the larger pieces which support them from below, so peculiar that I can only believe that they were deliberately placed by human hand. As far as I can make out, the markings on the stones themselves take the form of lines and arrows. I want to clean the green moss/lichen from the stones so that the markings should become clearer.

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005
Hi F in Phil.,

Yeah, miscommunication. About detector, a two box is a good choice. I prefer white's (mine is a white) it is good until 5-6 feet or deeper depends on surface area of the object burried. (The larger the surface area of the object to be find, the deeper the penetration). A pulse induction is much better, but the cost is higher.

Good Luck to your new hobby.

loadmaster62

Mar 17, 2011
hi miraj
im pinoy from philippines, im glad you're coming here in my country to find gold. same as me, that's what im doin' during my freetime, finding a gold on the river. Im from marinduque Island, how about your girlfriend, where's she from?
Hope you enjoy vacation here in my country.
I recommend you not to go to the muslim places in mindanao.
Good Luck! :icon_sunny:

Judas

May 1, 2011
mangotree said:
Hi,

Yes Im from the Philippines. Im in Ilocos Region, Its the hunting season and Ive a project here right now. Any thing we can work on?

I'm attaching a picture of what I have.

Yes Guys, lets create a club.

Best Regards,

Judas

May 1, 2011
im here in luzon area and i find something interesting i found 3meters deep and saw a drawing of flower in 1x1/2 meter thick cement...what is the meaning of this flower in yama treasure???

floodcitykid

Nov 3, 2008
Appomattox coVirginia
Detector(s) used
whites eagle spectrum
fisher gold bug
Judas said:
im here in luzon area and i find something interesting i found 3meters deep and saw a drawing of flower in 1x1/2 meter thick cement...what is the meaning of this flower in yama treasure???

Depends on the flower type a Chrysthanthimum is the crest of the Japanese Emporer.

Floodcitykid

vicrocs

Greenie
Jan 13, 2011
Slider,

Mag kumusta na mag organized tayo ng seminar or convention natin this year.
Tell Jerry about it.

Slapz,

Go down to the spot na man heart na baked clay na naka dikit sa may white cement.
Good sign yang red heart clay at white cement. It means japanese flag.

ForeignerInPhils and Kudo,

My service fee or detection fee for my 2 gadgets is P12000.
I'm using Pulse Induction ( P.I. ) and Ground Resistivity Meter ( G.R.M. ).
I also manufacture and sell P.I and G.R.M gadgets. Check my
websites below.

Website of my G.R.M. gadgets

http://goldminer08.angelfire.com/grm_album/

Website of my P.I. gadgets

http://goldminer08.angelfire.com/pi_album/

Gold_miner ( aka Vicrocs )

Email : [email protected]
Mobile # 09392826013

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread