✅ SOLVED Anybody have any idea what these are????

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
My brother found these in his shop and is wondering if anyone knows what they might be. Thanks

image.jpeg

Last edited:

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little more info on what they seems to be made of and size would help on an ID.

With just the photo to go by, they look like homemade suction cups, but only if the black section are made of rubber.

Upvote 0

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my best guess without much info...primitive holy eucharist chalices...one is held by alter boy under chin...other has eucharist in it and held by priest....a simple guess

here is from a church with more means.... images (1).jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Shunkaha

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the replies. The shop is a wood shop in one half and was a machine shop in the other half. I'm having my brother send more pics with something to reference size. The cups aren't rubber they are thin metal. I'm guessing tin or something similar. Thanks again guys.

Upvote 0

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are scrapers for removing hair off a hog when you are butchering. They use to dip the hog in hot water then roll the carcass out and scrape all the hair off down to the skin.

Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I was leaning towards medieval breast pumps.

Upvote 0

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are scrapers for removing hair off a hog when you are butchering. They use to dip the hog in hot water then roll the carcass out and scrape all the hair off down to the skin.

I just looked the hog bell scrappers up...I think you are right and I am setting aside my earlier assumption....good work bowwinkles.....you dont suppose that on sunday they....never mind...lol

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Shunkaha

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey thanks guys. Just looked up hog scrapers and that is exactly what they appear to be. My brother and his wife inherited the shop from her father when he passed. And they are going through everything to try and clear out some room. So I may have many more items to list on here that we can't figure what they are. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread