Anybody hear of a underwater pyramid in Vero Beach? Treasure Hunter Conway?

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you checked out the satellite images of the area? Where is it roughly?

I did read a post some time ago about the discovery of an underwater pyramid. Not sure about it's validity, but I'll come back and post the link.

PaleoDave

Nov 21, 2015
Vero Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO and a Garrett SeaHunter Mark 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this post is about 7 years late! But I just found the thread...

I knew Buster Conway, he was a good friend of mine. We would go out weekly diving on "hits" we found with our mag, during the years of late '80's to the mid 90's. Conway had a dedicated search area issued by the state of Florida to search for treasure. He had a company called "Underwater Salvors Inc. (USI).

As far as the pyramid and surrounding structures(one is "L" shaped and one is "O" shaped) is concerned, they are real. I have seen them.

Buster was smart in a way that he did not release correctly the location of these objects, to keep others away.

All I am going to say now is they are not close to shore at all. The pyramid measures 87 feet on each side, and is a step pyramid. The structures are held up by columns and have a large flat top, mostly burried in sand, only the upper four feet is visible. They are close to the pyramid.

They are very hard to locate as the visability is extreamly bad in that area due to the out tide from the FT. Pierce inlet, just to the south.

The top of the pyramid has been hit and about the top 5-8 feet is missing(the debri is at the base). We thought maybe one of the 1715 treasure fleet ships hit it during that fierce hurricane.(?) Well, if not them, something knocked the top off.

Buster was born and raised in Vero Beach, and has not worked in the keys, like someone said, nor did he donate a cannon to a town.

Buster (Alfred) Conway passed away on April 29th, 2007. RIP

Please let me know if is information was helpful at all...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread