What's new

anybody in a gold ring drought like me.........

seeker41

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2007
Messages
1,708
Reaction score
368
Golden Thread
0
Location
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im finding junk jewelry, ear ring studs, a couple maybe gold ear rings but no rings. anyone else having similer results?:BangHead:
chuck.
 
Upvote 0
One of my hunting pals is out 3 x per wk, and he's netted a 0.5g gold tooth. Only gold for him all year.
 
One of my hunting pals is out 3 x per wk, and he's netted a 0.5g gold tooth. Only gold for him all year.

any ideas why? what machine does he use? you are doing very well, are you hunting the same spots?
 
Just the way its been ... As a whole, gold finds been slow for me as well. Hes an older fella and typically cant get out when im out during those prime opportunities. He uses a shark, been hitting some of my spots, and some of his.
 
Its like that up here,cold high winds & big waves no one on the beach.Out sunday one junk toe ring & lead. I have to work also, that gets in the way, I need a gold fix bad----of any kind!!!
 
Same here seeker41 I have 4 pieces of gold for 2012 and 3 are earrings 1 gold pendant. All of those were in Jan and Feb. Now that's not to say those who hunt daily haven't score a few rings. But this season has truely been you should have been here yesterday.With all this west wind the small window after the north or south wind has cleared enought sand for a few to score on the right day. Right now its a summer is beach building with sand pushing up high. Time to hope for some fresh drops!
 
Same problem here, I have 1 gold ring for the year, a 3.7g 18k wedding band.... I know my hunting partner has more, but he lives closer to the ocean than I do so he gets out a lot more..... I'm about 1:15 minutes drive time from the beach, only 60 miles, but with traffic it takes that much time and with gas what it is it costs me about $25 per trip with parking to my closest beach...

I don't know about the other areas, but we are sanded in bad here still....With the poles on the beaches to control traffic it is easy to watch the sand, a hole that is 8 ft high one week, and couple weeks later is chest high says a lot about the sand brought in..............

I dont think its because people arent wearing the gold, I see the same amount of people on the beach with the gold on, I think it is just being buried fast, here we have had no storms to open the beach up so we can get to it.... Been a long time since we had a storm or Nor'eastern hit us..... When a storm does hit us there are targets everywhere, so I know its there, just can't get to it.....
 
Last edited:
The face of the beaches change here almost daily with the strong winds and tides we are having. Ive just not been able to get in the water much. When i have it seems its always deep sand and NOTHING.... i mean nothing out there. Around here you arent going to do the 1 hour hunts and bring in the big gold on a regular basis you have to spend hours out there hunting a whole beach to get lucky and find something thats been missed. I think i had one day i could get down to the trash line last week and was picking up pull tabs and cruddy coins deep, but it was obvious i wasnt getting down to any gold. The waves have been coming in so high that the high water mark is half way up the beach..... thats a lot of water movement. Ive had to suck it up and get my finds behind the other dry sand hunters. Interesting you posted this i was wondering why people werent posting much. Thought they werent finding it or just stopped posting on producing areas.

Dew
 
I'm not doing badly, but I'm not doing great either. A couple of things that have helped;
A) I'm staying off the areas of deeper, softer sand. Not even hunting close to the low tide waterline because of all the sand buildup.
B) I've started hunting from dunes to just above the low tide waterline in a tight pattern, if after three or four passes the pickings are too slim I move to another area. If the pickings are steady I keep using the same pattern until I can identify the most productive zone, then I'll start hunting that zone, or band, in a back and forth parallel pattern.
C) Not hunting the usual wet sand cuts and troughs because if you do a bit of probing it's all soft sand buildup underneath.

Without a doubt my best days are during, and right after, conditions that have produced stronger surf/turbulence. Most of the gold I've found has come from the high tide water line to about 1/2 - 3/4 way down the wet sand slope, beyond that the sand on the beaches I hunt is just too soft and too deep. When I do go to the beach I take a cooler and lunch/snacks and I stay most of the day and I hunt a lot of beach. I've not been in the water too much because there's just too much soft sand right now, but I'm planning to spend more time out there.

I've been charting my gold finds and here's a simple drawing of the results so far this year. Notice that 80% of my gold has come from just one main beach zone;

Beach View 1.webp

Also, I have a WOT on my Excal, not so much for the depth but for the added coverage so I can cover a lot of beach at a decent depth in day of hunting. So when I do go I'm spending a lot of time and I'm covering a lot of upper, harder sandy beach. 13 gold & 9 silver so far this year and I don't go all that much, usually Mondays and maybe an extra day through the week. But I'm learning a lot about how daily water/current conditions effect the beach and I think that's really helping.
 
Last edited:
All of this 10.5 grams 14kt.and lots of silver. This is the worst I have ever seen it in 35 years of huntting.
 
lots of great replies here guys,tank you!(love the chart!) needed confirmation that i was not doing anything wrong and that my machine was not messed up. gotta find a way to not be so dependent upon erosion for good finds and i have a few things im going to try. thanks again.
chuck.
 
Watch the political posts...
 
im having a hot streak, at least every gold every hunt, and April has been my best month ever, by far.. fingers crossed.
 
Detecting is Gold.
 
what post are you talking about?

I edited the political parts out...

Please remember politics are not allowed, posts that refer to political parties, political candidates, political ideologies or political issues that do not pertain to treasure topics are subject to editing or deleted.

Politics was banned before TN was sold and are still not allowed..
 
Last edited:
I hunt with two other guys and usually spend 8-10 hours in the water when we go. Been about 5 or 6 times and I have one gold class ring so far. One of the other two has two gold bands and the third has one gold band. We have all located lost stuff at the beach for people but as for random finds... only 4 between us. :-[
 
I edited the political parts out...

Please remember politics are not allowed, posts that refer to political parties, political candidates, political ideologies or political issues that do not pertain to treasure topics are subject to editing or deleted.

Politics was banned before TN was sold and are still not allowed..

one of my posts? if so pm me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom