it's Roman bronze coin, I said the first-second century
i even think that this is a posthumous coins (AS)
GREAT....Thanks for all the help and quick replies. Think I found it here... acsearch.info - The ancient coin search engine Of course that link may not show up.
Chris
still not sure but it looks close enough.It looks like a tetradrachm from the eastern part of the Roman Empire - Antioch would be my guess. I don't have my references in front of me at the moment, but the emperor looks like one of the short-lived generals that seized power in the late 3rd century, Carus, Probus, Diocletian maybe?
Not sure why my link went to front page but the coin I was thinking was closest to mine was the last one on the left, if you scroll all the way downstill not sure but it looks close enough.
Chris

Looks like we got a winner.Probus, Potin Tetradrachm of Egypt, Alexandria
Ob: A K M AVP PP-OBOC CEB - Laureate, cuirassed bust right
Rv: L-Z, eagle standing right with wreath in its beakView attachment 623659
Probus, Potin Tetradrachm of Egypt, Alexandria
Ob: A K M AVP PP-OBOC CEB - Laureate, cuirassed bust right
Rv: L-Z, eagle standing right with wreath in its beakView attachment 623659