anybody near muncie or Noblesville?

hello and welcome to tnet.im not far from you im in middlebury but usually hunt in michigan feel free to ask any questions :hello:

Will do. Just started doin this this winter. To date I've found 4 wheats and around a buck in clad. I'm stuck using a low end bounty hunter. Probably the cheapest md out there. I get coin tones sometimes from small iron pieces. Do u know anything about these machines?

fishinmcc muncie indiana TreasureNet

Will do. Just started doin this this winter. To date I've found 4 wheats and around a buck in clad. I'm stuck using a low end bounty hunter. Probably the cheapest md out there. I get coin tones sometimes from small iron pieces. Do u know anything about these machines?

i dont know much about the bounty hunter brand but as with all metal detectors it is common for them to false on iron you have to walk a circle around the target and if your only getting a signal at a certain angle then its more than likely iron but you never know so it pays to dig it all

Yeah from all info gathered here I figured I'd be pullin plenty o trash no matter what the reading.

Im in NE Indy around Mccordsville. Work up in Noblesville actually. I wouldnt be much help in teaching you anything, still learning myself.

Yeah from all info gathered here I figured I'd be pullin plenty o trash no matter what the reading.

yeah its just a fact of life with metal detecting you can block out iron and pulltabs with the detectors but in doing so you could miss out on gold and other goodies

Yeah I read in the maual I downloaded for this thing that it would read small gold in its iron tone

Yeah I read in the maual I downloaded for this thing that it would read small gold in its iron tone

Sonofadigger brings up a key point about swinging the detector around from a different angle after you get a hot signal. An example from a short hunt yesterday: I got a loud, clear high tone then swing again and again from the same direction. Same exciting tone. Moved around to swing from another angle and NO tone! Not even a whimper. I had already set the detector to not "see" iron, pull tabs, and junk. So what the heck was down there that only gave me a signal from one position? I could pinpoint on it, and did. Just had to find out what manner of trash or treasure was trying to fool me. It was a squashed ball of aluminum foil about one inch diameter! Even though I told the detector not to bother with such junk. <lol>

OK, curiosity will likely have me down there digging the next signal just like that but at least I will not have high hopes of it being a silver half dollar.

Happy hunting up there in northern IN. Hope the winter is over.

M

I wish it were. Winters hangin on with a death grip. Might get a break by Friday though

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back