What's new

Anyone actually been arrested for detecting TVA land?

XL-PRO PRO

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
252
Reaction score
89
Golden Thread
0
Location
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
I'm just curious.They still have signs that say "metal detecting by permit only" and since I still have my expired permit(they quit renewing them) I figure the worst that I can be charged with would be "detecting with an expired permit".They've never sent out any letters explaining why they didn't issue renewals and just left permit holders hanging.Thanks,Pro.
 
Ha, interesting question ;). Because :

a). Oftentimes the only reason for such rules and/or "tickets", is because md'rs themselves make themselves an object of scrutiny and "pressing importance "

b) you often hear of the supposed imminent fear of. 'arrests" & "tickets". Yet when you ask for examples , it gets strangely silent .
 
I'm of the opinion that any land not on the tax rolls or tax exempt should be open to the general public and should not be considered "private property."
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom