Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have not used the Lobo, but I have used the Garrett Scorpion which is very similar. It did a fine job on coins and jewlery, but they were not deep finds.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
flintstone said:
I have a friend that coin hunts with the Lobo ST, ad dose just as good as i do with my MXT, and CZ6a, so i just got one to try. Dose anyone use this?

While I have never used my Lobo for "coin shooting," I have found probably 150-coins while "nugget shooting" (gold nugget hunting) in the goldfields of Arizona. Silver quarters and dimes, Indian head pennies, even a couple of Silver dollars! So yes, why not? You have a machine that can find a single piece of birdshot at 8" in depth - a coin is EASY pickin's!

ALDORADO

Greenie
Nov 4, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Used my Lobo in a park today.

33 coins in about an hour and a half. Seems to be a "coin shooter" alright.

Set the disc just above 2 and away you go.

I usually hunt relics/prospect in all metal mode, so I am not sure how the depth is affected, if at all, by using disc.

The coins were found at an average depth of 4"s, that's the way they lay at this park. Maybe I will go back and try in all metal mode to see if any are deeper.

It was sure nice to "Cherry pick" for a change.

Out of those 33 coins, I only dug SIX trash targets!, aluminum bits mostly, and one beer cap that had a non-ferrous coating.

The disc on this machine, in my opinion is excellent. Al.

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Have used my Lobo ST everywhere and it is fine as a coin and relic machine.
The ground tracking is very good.
Has no probs finding Aussie coins at 8 inches in Disc and deeper in All Metal.
I do not set the disc higher than 1.5 when looking for gold jewelery and it will nail some pretty small items.

The "vaquero" might go deeper in disc mode because the GB on this machine works in Both modes
Just a thought . I have not used a Vaquero.

OP
OP
flintstone

flintstone

Mar 12, 2006
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MXT,FISHER CZ7A,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All, sorry i haven,t been back on, but this LOBO is a coin killer. I can set it at 7 and not hit anything but coins, even in trash not a sound until you hit a coin and wham she will let you know. These coin were at 5to6" deep. If you run at o she will hit a three ringer at 10" or 11" deep. If you can try one it will show you what it can do. Can,t wait till i can go hunt gold, bet it will make me cry because i let it set so long and not use it. Thanks for all your reply, hope you all find loads of coins and gold Dean

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread