What's new

Anyone detecting around Mt Vernon or Fredrickton

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
1,891
Reaction score
1,350
Golden Thread
0
Location
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coming to the area early next month and wondering any weird rules or anything like that. What should I expect finds wise? Local parks still giving up a keeper or two?
 
I grew up in Westerville and have a few places I remember that if they are still there might be ok. I moved to Montana in 1981 and was gone for several years for a visit to find parking lots where a couple of lakes were where I fished as a young man. My dad is in Fredrickton and mom is in Grove City. I'm coming for two weeks and going to give it hell.
 
Last edited:
53 views and no response, I figured to get some advice or heads up but I guess not.
 
Sorry, I try to check the Ohio forums daily and view any new posts. Not going to be much help though, as I am located a couple of hours NE of where you grew up.

Good luck, I hope someone close by responds for you!
 
Sorry, I try to check the Ohio forums daily and view any new posts. Not going to be much help though, as I am located a couple of hours NE of where you grew up.

Good luck, I hope someone close by responds for you!
Thanks for your response, I'm not looking for anyones secret spot or anything like that. I plan on detecting public property just like I would here in Montana. Hope for maybe a little advice on the laws. If anybody comes to western Montana hit the Montana forum and I would at least put you on a spot to detect or take you trout fishing. Oh well head to Ohio in the am so here I come. So if anybody sees mercury dimes shaking in the ground you'll know why.
 
I'm near Westerville but don't know any spots unfortunately. ..
 
Thanks for your response, I'm not looking for anyones secret spot or anything like that. I plan on detecting public property just like I would here in Montana. Hope for maybe a little advice on the laws. If anybody comes to western Montana hit the Montana forum and I would at least put you on a spot to detect or take you trout fishing. Oh well head to Ohio in the am so here I come. So if anybody sees mercury dimes shaking in the ground you'll know why.

Enjoy your trip dirtscratcher. I hope you find some good hunting spots!
 
found this in fredricktown didn't get to detect like I wanted too but found a few wheats and some clad. wife has been sick and the heat and humidity was too much. only got a couple hours in but Fredrickton would be a great place just a crazy amount of old houses
 

Attachments

  • image-1079301224.webp
    image-1079301224.webp
    73.1 KB · Views: 136
  • image-1895223781.webp
    image-1895223781.webp
    89.2 KB · Views: 111

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom