Anyone else having recent issues with buyers not paying?

trhunter7777

Greenie
Mar 2, 2016
KC MO
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Fisher CZ20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one every once in awhile. I have one now and will open an unpaid case today. 4 out of 6 seems out of the ordinary. When I first started I got a few unpaid and I started to think that it was those who hoped the new sellers would send before getting paid. As my rating went up the non pay went down. Now Most if not all my no paying buyers have single digit ratings.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think the no pays are directly related to what items you are selling. Some categories are definitely plagued more than others by this...

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a case going where I bought a fake item. Still working on it. Buyers have been ok though.

KangaWoo

Jun 6, 2016
Aus
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I have a few,
One lady won a necklace and after a week, I sent her an invoice with a friendly reminder for payment, a couple day later I sent another. On the 11th day I opened a case for unpaid item, she messaged me straight away saying her husband has been in hospital getting open heart surgery, she said "all you had to do was message me"

I replied back saying I sent two messages via invoice. Over the next few days she sent a couple more messages about her husband and she will pay soon. I was polite and thanked her, eventually she paid.

I just found it funny, that she could bid and send me messages, but for some reason didn't have time to pay.

Apart from all that, after four months selling with over 100 positive feedbacks and 100% seller rating, paypal has decided to hold all my payments? (pending payment) wtf??
this is pissing me off, as I rely on the money from sales to keep my little ebay business going, cant raid the family ccard anymore, and I have current bids. and tracking numbers are all supplied.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apart from all that, after four months selling with over 100 positive feedbacks and 100% seller rating, paypal has decided to hold all my payments? (pending payment) wtf??

you have to remember paypal was owned by ebay. when they split I am sure the management at paypal stayed at paypal. that management had ebay training and ideas. (do what ever you can to inconvenience the seller)

on the other hand I joined paypal at the very beginning (different set of managers I am sure) they gave me great service when I needed it and never held any $$.

ucvrelics.com

Nov 3, 2014
Birmingham Al
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD
Nautilus DMC 2b 15 inch head
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ive been a ebay seller for many years and have only 2 no pays, I just went to the second chance bidder. Had one of those email me why I sold his item to the next bidder when he went over 10 days of no pay and no response. I have people ask me all the time if they can pay on the end of the week or month which I always say yes.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah I have a few,
One lady won a necklace and after a week, I sent her an invoice with a friendly reminder for payment, a couple day later I sent another. On the 11th day I opened a case for unpaid item, she messaged me straight away saying her husband has been in hospital getting open heart surgery, she said "all you had to do was message me"

I replied back saying I sent two messages via invoice. Over the next few days she sent a couple more messages about her husband and she will pay soon. I was polite and thanked her, eventually she paid.

I just found it funny, that she could bid and send me messages, but for some reason didn't have time to pay.

this is pissing me off, as I rely on the money from sales to keep my little ebay business going, cant raid the family ccard anymore, and I have current bids. and tracking numbers are all supplied.

Call Paypal directly and talk to a supervisor. It happened to me and took almost 2 months to resolve...and several phone calls. They have some random algorithm that pops up and suddenly you are treated like a newbie. I had a $1000 purchase for furniture that they would not release until after it was shipped. I was not spending $400 to ship it and then wait for my $$. Ended up canceling the sale and then they locked up all my sales the same way. I was pissed! The last person I spoke to at Paypal said I was far more patient than she would have ever been.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread