What's new

Anyone Else Use A Fisher Edge II ?

Cherokee

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Messages
34
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rochester, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Edge II
I have been using a this MD for about four months and do like it. However, I use the factory settings and just get the basic digital readings. But, I have to guess as to how deep I need to dig for the coin, etc. Any suggestions?
 
I started out with an analog detector with no depth meter. The only way to get an idea is to listen the tones. If it is super high pitched then most likely it's just barely under the surface or on top. Try doing an air test and go in and out and see how the tones sound. They should fade the further you go out and get louder the closer you come in. With this you just will have to memorize the tones. High tone above or just below soil. Med tone maybe 2" below soil, low tone maybe 4" to 5" below soil. Remember practice makes perfect. Hope this helps.
 
The Edge has a depth meter of sorts, though it is not mentioned in the users manual. --- It is based on the pinpointing numbers. When in pinpoint mode, the # will top out when you are most directly over the target. #99 means your target is on or very near the surface, (1/2"to 1" ). from my experience, each 10 numbers, is equal to about 1/2 to 1 inch, depending on your soils conductivity. For example, 99=on surface, 90=1" deep, #80= 2" deep, 70=3" deep, 60=4" deep, etc. When looking for silver, only dig the lowest pinpointing #'s, I only dig #'s less than 50, and get excited if it pinpoints from 1 to 20, (theoretically 8-10" deep). Hope this helps.----- Duracell--------- going, and going...........
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom