Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
50 years ago I suffered from what I thought was either appendicitis or gastritis. Went to doctor who ruled out appendicitis though he couldn't find the cause of my pain.
The pain was off and on for a couple of weeks. Fast forward 40 years to when I got a full physical. Doc said I had only one kidney on that side. He said my previous pain could easily have been associated with the loss of the kidney. So much for self diagnosis.
Don..

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no problem doing so either.
So you know exactly where I came up with it. You try to trick unsuspecting members into listening to that garbage and submitting to hypnosis. I think that is disrespectful bullsnot. Why not just come out and let people know what you are doing?

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Here in Mexico, family wait with bated breath when someone mentions doctors, for the latest and greatest insult. I tell them if you want to be healthy, ask doctors lots of questions so you understand everything, memorize everything they tell you, then do the exact opposite and you will be healthy. and, I am serious.

I told a cousin who had an unstable angina attack in front of me, how to do Atkins Induction. Three days later, he had his last angina attack.

And, a friend who is a doctor mentioned his leg muscles hurt when he walked. Ditto on Atkins induction. It was a month before his intermittent claudication went totally away. He admitted there was no standard treatment for i.c. Now he has one.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
50 years ago I suffered from what I thought was either appendicitis or gastritis. Went to doctor who ruled out appendicitis though he couldn't find the cause of my pain.
The pain was off and on for a couple of weeks. Fast forward 40 years to when I got a full physical. Doc said I had only one kidney on that side. He said my previous pain could easily have been associated with the loss of the kidney. So much for self diagnosis.
Don..

Don...what happened to the kidney?
Jim

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The same guy teaching you this so-called silent prayer has also
said:

Peterson stated in a 2012 sermon that "one of the greatest mistakes
America made was to allow women the opportunity to vote." He stated that
women "can't handle power in the right way," that they "have no patience"
and "don't have love."

Yeah..sure..that's the guy I want to follow. NOT. rofl.gif

IMO, the man's full of psychobabble bullshit.jpg

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Self diagnosis is very important in today’s age. Doctors can only make a dart throw at what you may have going on. I have witnessed doctors horribly Misdiagnosing people I know, my wife and father being a couple.

With my wife I had researched her symptoms and asked the doctors (several) to look into the disorder. I was met with arrogance and they totally blew me off. After nearly a week in the hospital and no change we left. Two days later a gastro doc diagnosed her with the exact condition I had been asking the previous doctors to look into! One single pill and the episodes were gone. Talk about frustrating! Arrogant quacks!

Hell they had my dad convinced he had Pancreatic cancer due to elevated lipids. For days her was sure he was a goner. Told over and over it was almost surly cancer and they had to pin it down. It was Mono!!! They are so often looking for the devil in the corner that the forget to work up to the problem.

People go to hospitals to die. Fix yourself, go to the hospital once you have exhausted your ability’s.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Btw, reading through some of these posts..... lmao! Grow up. Some of you guys act like a bunch of ten year old boys. Entertaining sure, scary for your impact on society? Definitely!

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was peeing blood, and had kidney and bladder pains, just like when I had kidney stones a few years before. So I treated myself with various things to diminish the kidney stones pains and carried on for a couple of months untill it became too much and I went to the doctor to discover I had bladder cancer and ended up losing a kidney. Still struggling with the cancer...
I quit playing doctor, and advise others do the same.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been seeing the same general purpose doc (PA, actually) for the
past 10 years, and so far she's got a pretty good batting average. Still,
when it comes to my health I also try and do my own research...not to
disprove her diagnosis, but to help me better understand what is going
on inside my own carcass.

I tend to look at it this way...if a doctor screws up and I croak as a result,
there's no doubt they are going to feel terrible about it. Meanwhile, I'm still
deceased. behead.gif

In the immortal words of the great Ronald Reagan..Trust, but Verify.

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dr Google

Paging Dr. Google

Attachments

• 69357D35-E50B-4485-AFA9-DAF06F84D443.jpeg
    69357D35-E50B-4485-AFA9-DAF06F84D443.jpeg