What's new

Anyone ever join a bank just to get Boxes and Rolls?

Reverend B*IKE*

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2009
Messages
389
Reaction score
46
Golden Thread
0
Location
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alot of banks around wont take cash for rolls of coins. Go figure they say its a service to customers?
SO I am thinking of joining a bank. They gave me two of their 20 rolls and I found a couple of older coins along with 40%ers? I want to go back and get the rest!
 
Upvote 0
yea, just get a "free checking account". :thumbsup:
 
Yep, I have seven accounts with seven different banks just for the sake of CRHing. :thumbsup:

Jason
 
I haven't yet, but I'm about to do just that today.... I have a box supposedly coming in this afternoon, and about 3/4s of a box I need to dump..... What better way to open an account than with rolls of coinage? Ha!
 
I've done it... and I'm pretty DARN sure most people here have as well.

Most banks have that free checking account or some other low end account. I like the student accounts personally =).

Most banks will have ones where you just need to throw in something like $25 and you are good to go... no fees... no activity needed. Though there are some with higher deposits needed, and ALWAYS ask about fees, and how often you need to use the account, etc.

~Dave
 
I have accounts with 6 different banks, all for CRHing
 
Yep you bet! I have several savings accounts with minimum balances at 4 or 5 different banks. I even go as far as to dump my searched coin at the branches where the tellers are snotty. The tellers at the branch I order halves from know that I dump down the street at the other branch where the tellers are snotty old bags. They think its funny. I also opened up an account with BOA just so I would always have a dump bank on my road trips.
 
SnakemanBill said:
I also opened up an account with BOA just so I would always have a dump bank on my road trips.

OH NO that means I am sifting thru your returned coins no wonder I am having no luck! :tongue3:
 
biketrax said:
SnakemanBill said:
I also opened up an account with BOA just so I would always have a dump bank on my road trips.

OH NO that means I am sifting thru your returned coins no wonder I am having no luck! :tongue3:


Hey that's a good idea, never thought of having an account with a national bank so I could dump on the road!
 
Try opening accounts in your kids names. I drag the little crumb snatchers with me, The tellers seem to be a lot more friendly :wink:
 
"Try opening accounts in your kids names. I drag the little crumb snatchers with me, The tellers seem to be a lot more friendly"


DAMN! I need to borrow somebodies kid!
 
Does a Bear s$%^ in the woods? I have 6 accounts at as many banks. I plan on opening a few more too.

-Golden Silver
 
I see where Snakeman says he has an account with BOA in order to dump. The BOA branches I've been to in my area dont have coin machines....Maybe the bigger cities have them? If not how do you dump there? Rolled?
 
Most of the guys around here dumped rolled at BOA but not I cuz I am at a Credit Union with a coin machine.

-Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom