What's new

Anyone ever seen one of these???

Ricoble

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 4, 2016
Messages
6
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
New castle, pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.webp

I went out this morning for a while to put my new Garrett Ace 400 through the paces...I spent a couple hours detecting a new nature trail off the back side of a local ball park. The trail runs past an old corn field that I know has been farmed for at least 100 years. I got a good solid hit of 75 on my machine's "target ID" that was showing a depth of 6", so I went ahead a dug it..this little beauty was what I got. I didn't know what it was until I got home and actually cleaned it up..I'm not sure if it's gold or brass or what it even is. All I can say for sure is its a gold colored pin of some kind. It has a place in the center for a diamond or something. Has anyone ever came across something like this or can tell me if its gold or brass?
 
Upvote 14
No help here but congrats on your find
 
A picture of the back might help determine what it was. Looks like it was probably a pin of some sort.
 
Possibly a stick pin for a tie?....Joe McDonough
 
Maybe someone from your area can answer as to metal content. If it was 24k, then it obviously wouldn't be discolored in any way as gold keeps its color and luster. However, 10k, 14, etc, each have alloys in them that might discolor. Someone from your area (which there's lots of here) might have a better idea, coming from that area and depth.
 
Looks like a circa 1900 Brooch which was gold plated.
 
That sure does resemble what I found. The link u have here shows a pearl in the center and the one I found has a small "diamond"...prob not real, but I have it. It came off while I was cleaning it.. Thanks for the input!!
 
That sure does resemble what I found. The link u have here shows a pearl in the center and the one I found has a small "diamond"...prob not real, but I have it. It came off while I was cleaning it.. Thanks for the input!!
Normally they are paste. But I guess checking does no harm.
 
Nice find, congratulations!
 
I would go back and sift the dirt in case there was a stone in it Nice find Thanks for sharing!!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom