What's new

Anyone getting out?

Damon64

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2008
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
68
Golden Thread
0
Location
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to see if any of you guys are getting out with the detectors lately. I know it's been cold and getting some rain, but it seems a bit slow in here!
 
Damon ,I went out to Tacoma and Lincoln park last week and got skunked, hell I didnt even get a Silver all of 2010, dam state! Thinking of going heading south towards Oregon, seems theres more silver there, last year I went all up and down I5 nothing great Clad and a few relics from some old houses..any ideas??
 
It is tough in this state isn't it? I'm planning on doing some water hunting come spring/summer with a wetsuit. Hope to get some rings. I hit Lincoln park before too...same story here. I gotta find somewhere to go...need some new area to hit!
 
I guess everyone else died... :-\
 
I haven't been out at all unfortunately! I've been dreadfully busy with school and extracurricular activities. I hope to get out a little in the spring and a good deal in the Summer. Hope you all are doing well!

Washingtonian
 
Haven't seen JuJu or Detectingfreak post in a while...maybe once springtime rolls around.
 
Hey Damon! Were not all dead yet! ;D I got out yesterday but only for a half hour or so to try out this crazy pry tool I made for getting surface stuff without diggin. Only swept the surface because I just wanted to try the tool...nothing dug over 2 inches...but got a couple quarters and a couple dimes in that time...seems to work pretty good for getting the top stuff and movin on to deeper and better stuff...will go out today and give it some real time. It's a good year here on the east side for MD'n...ground is already thawed...that usually doesn't happen until well into Feb...
 

Attachments

  • DSCN4669-2.webp
    DSCN4669-2.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 292
Me and 2 other buddies went out all day yesterday......try getting out too the older school fields that are not so close too the busy roads.....you know maybe rural schools....we found a older school we have hit for about the last 4 outings, and a gold ring lots of silver rings, one gold pendant and a few old coins, one silver dime.....1 silver necklace and all kinds of other cool goodies have been found just on the football field.
 
Damon64 said:
Haven't seen JuJu or Detectingfreak post in a while...maybe once springtime rolls around.
I know juju been busy with tats, need to get to the schools quick before he comes out of hiberantion
 
ozbach said:
Me and 2 other buddies went out all day yesterday......try getting out too the older school fields that are not so close too the busy roads.....you know maybe rural schools....we found a older school we have hit for about the last 4 outings, and a gold ring lots of silver rings, one gold pendant and a few old coins, one silver dime.....1 silver necklace and all kinds of other cool goodies have been found just on the football field.

Sounds like you are cleanning up!
 
NWHunter61 said:
Hey Damon! Were not all dead yet! ;D I got out yesterday but only for a half hour or so to try out this crazy pry tool I made for getting surface stuff without diggin. Only swept the surface because I just wanted to try the tool...nothing dug over 2 inches...but got a couple quarters and a couple dimes in that time...seems to work pretty good for getting the top stuff and movin on to deeper and better stuff...will go out today and give it some real time. It's a good year here on the east side for MD'n...ground is already thawed...that usually doesn't happen until well into Feb...

I nteresting tool. I'd like to see it in action! :thumbsup:
 
vanoldschool said:
Damon64 said:
Haven't seen JuJu or Detectingfreak post in a while...maybe once springtime rolls around.
I know juju been busy with tats, need to get to the schools quick before he comes out of hiberantion

Yeah, better hit those schools now while JuJu is busy, otherwise he'll clean 'em out!!! :laughing9:
 
My coil died so I haven't hunted In a few weeks,,
Now I have a new one free of charge From Whites and It works Great.
So good In fact I'm taking Tomorrow off and am Planning on hunting all weekend!! Chug ;D ;D ;D
 
Found a small park today in Olympia that I never knew existed, got a 1923 wheaty, a nice silver ring with a amethest stone, and a few other odds and ends.....It didnt rain on me, so it was good!
 
Dave and I got out Sunday.. I was happy to go home with a 1901 Indian cent. the rest was just clad.
 
Tool works GREAT! Dug well over double what I normally dig in the same amount of time! Need to make a quick change though on blade length and the lever...it's just a "clad digger" though...It will never go deep enough to pull silver...but that's all it's for anyway~
 
Thats cool...You should make a video showing it in action!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom