What's new

Anyone good with knife blade markings?

aaron7

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2005
Messages
274
Reaction score
69
Golden Thread
0
Location
Townsend, MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Old pocket knife that I'm trying to help a friend identify. He can't seem to get clearer photos for me, but I'll work on that.

The knife has three markings (hallmarks?) on the blade.

First looks like a lion.

Second looks like an anchor.

Third is indiscernible.

Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • pn (1).webp
    pn (1).webp
    42 KB · Views: 110
  • pn (2).webp
    pn (2).webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 87
Sterling Gorham folding knife.
 
Upvote 0
I say this just by the look... markings you described...

But last one would be a capitol "G" if I am correct.
 
Upvote 0
Is "Gorham" the style, or the maker? Finding all sorts of results for that name and they all look completely different than each other!

Most seem to be engraved. Guess they forgot to do this one!
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom