Anyone Here Collect Perfume/Cologne Bottles?

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Perfume/cologne bottles don't take up much shelf space. They are often "fancy" yet durable. Granted, they are not as common to dig as beer or soda or even whiskey bottles; but, that scarcity makes them more interesting in my thinking. Anyone here got a perfume/cologne bottle to show off?
perfume_prunts_A.JPG
perfume_prunts_B.JPG
perfume_prunts_C.JPG

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're right on that perfumes are not a common find.
I think I only have found a few and only have one in the collection now.
Those are really nice looking examples, thanks for sharing them.

OP
OP
Harry Pristis

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Gosh! I was beginning to feel like I was the only collector with a perfume bottle! Any chance you have an image, pepperj?
Here's another on my shelf:
perfume_scroll_A.JPG
perfume_scroll_B.JPG
perfume_scroll_C.JPG
perfume_scroll_D.JPG

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harry, i haven't dug hardly any perfumes but I have one that I have yet to identify. It has a maker's logo that I have never been able to decipher, any ideas? Your examples of every type of bottle has been over the top....even your perfumes are spectacular.
20230221_204240.jpg

OP
OP
Harry Pristis

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Harry, i haven't dug hardly any perfumes but I have one that I have yet to identify. It has a maker's logo that I have never been able to decipher, any ideas? Your examples of every type of bottle has been over the top....even your perfumes are spectacular. View attachment 2070702
I cannot make out from the image what your bottle embossing says, villagenut. Can you type it out on the off-chance someone may recognize it.
In the meantime, here's another perfume bottle from my shelf:
perfume_fluted_A.JPG
perfume_fluted_B.JPG

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Pepperj" & "Harry Pristis".........I found a link that may be helpful by doing a little crosschecking. Hard to make out the logo/maker's mark of your specimen pepper,
but I'm sure you guys or someone else here will eventually bet to the bottom of it.
In the link provided, the page has a table of contents list on the left that provides links to specific things. Happy Hunting !! Thanks for posting !
LINK: https://www.allthedecor.com/collecting/vintage-perfume-value-guide/

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
Perfume/cologne bottles don't take up much shelf space. They are often "fancy" yet durable. Granted, they are not as common to dig as beer or soda or even whiskey bottles; but, that scarcity makes them more interesting in my thinking. Anyone here got a perfume/cologne bottle to show off?
View attachment 2069960 View attachment 2069961 View attachment 2069962
Bad picture, but it says colgates and co. Perfumers. New York. Popped out of a hole when I was metal detecting.

Attachments

• 213D75B2-24C9-446C-A7AB-5AAD5AF0056C.jpeg
    213D75B2-24C9-446C-A7AB-5AAD5AF0056C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay... here's a weird mix of 'maybes'. I don't buy, I only dig dumps or rescue river finds, so....
This first was found in a dump, and was encased in a tiny wooden cylinder box. I didn't realize what the box was, as it was falling apart in my hands, but I saw what it was after the fact, sadly. I'm assuming it's a wee perfume sample. The glass is lightly wavy. No marks.
1678560554917.jpeg

Is balsam a perfume? Found along the NC shore

1678560637868.jpeg

This is a Tappan perfume. I only knew about the Tappan-Zee Bridge before I found the history!

1678560746326.jpeg

and of course the ubiquitous Evening in Paris 'penny perfume' sideways...

1678560846418.jpeg

I believe these are teeny weenie samples, but I could be wrong. They were my mom's, and she wasn't a bottle collector. Sorry about the photo- they're sitting on a glass shelf...

1678561027300.jpeg

So endeth my ultra-mundane perfume bottle (or not!) show-n-tell. Peace be with you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions