Anyone here in the Masters of Metal Contest ?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be a well planned secret event, as it is the first time hearing of it.
Now the cat is out of the bag, do tell Gare.
What is it all about?

Prepare to prove your might in Minelab’s Masters of Metal tournament. The hunt is on. Teams of four. One goal: to triumph as the ultimate detecting champions. Expect the unexpected in an adrenaline fuelled battle filled with twists at every turn. The arena is ready. Your move. Minelab’s Masters of Metal: it’s time to dig in and stand out.

I went to that link and it doesnt explain anything about the competition other than saying it is based on skill. Do you know what it is?

I would be if it were around here.

I heard there were like 3 or four groups is all
Not much info on it yet

Sounds fun, but I dont have 4 other friends willing to travel the 4 hours to FL from our area to team up with haha. The event rules are listed here: https://www.minelab.com/usa/masters-of-metal-rules
But sounds like a lot more than just a hunt too, but interesting none the less

I have looked for ruls on this event but can not seem to find them. Is it for minelab users only ?

I heard there were like 3 or four groups is all
Not much info on it yet
The way I read all the jargon is that there is a team of 4 members and there has to be between 20-30 teams to have the regional event to happen then the winner of that goes to the final.
Big read of what's what here in this link

I have looked for ruls on this event but can not seem to find them. Is it for minelab users only ?
See my message above, there is a link for the rules. Not just for Minelab users, just have to have 1 VLF detector per group

So you win a regional contest and get 2500 to pay for 4 people travel to the national contest? Then if you win the national contest you get a manticore, to split 4 ways? All of which you have to pay taxes on? Seems like even if you win it all you still aren't going to come out ahead unless you live in the same place where the competitions are. Even then you dont get much and still have a tax burden.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back