ANYONE here use hearing Aids while detecting ?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am basically deaf in my right ear and I have about 30% in my left. I usually take my VA hearing aids out because the headphones makes them squeal at times. I like to wear the old school over the ear style phones with volume control. They work OK. Lately I use FM phones and a small FM transmitter that plugs into the phone jack. I don't have the wire and I get all the volume I need. They not expensive. Good luck. Most over the counter hearing aids don't give you the frequency range that true hearing aids have.

jose159

Jul 15, 2021
SW Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am basically deaf in my right ear and I have about 30% in my left. I usually take my VA hearing aids out because the headphones makes them squeal at times. I like to wear the old school over the ear style phones with volume control. They work OK. Lately I use FM phones and a small FM transmitter that plugs into the phone jack. I don't have the wire and I get all the volume I need. They not expensive. Good luck. Most over the counter hearing aids don't give you the frequency range that true hearing aids have.
I use the expensive Miracle Ear hearing aids and they work well but they wont pair with my Nox 900.(nothing will unless it's Minelab 900 or Xterra pro or Manticore) I am in the process of getting a blue tooth transmitter that plugs into the detector and hopefully the 900 will work wireless with the hearing aids. I'll keep you posted

Last edited:

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's basically what I use. Bluetooth transmitter that will plug into the detector's jack and blue tooth head phones. I got my latest set up from Amazon.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use headphones almost exclusively. But since my hearing aids are Bluetooth connected to my phone with a great app for adjustments I should try to hook them up with my Legend. The app can select 1 of 4 different environments and has adjustments like an equalizer as well. Can adjust each ear separately or together. They are Lucid Technology sold by Sam's Club. However sweat and a salt water beach environment could cause some problems. Around $3.8K. Actually work better for me than the $5.6K ones they replaced.

DWerk

Oct 18, 2020
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, AT Pro, Deus 1, Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Phonak Audéo P90's from VA. They have Bluetooth and can connect to multiple devices. Mine have been programmed with two multiple programs; one for normal use and one for noisy environments. Also have a direct connection to my home tv's that is easy to connect and use in most motels when we travel. I can listen to the tv/IPAD/IPHONE/Truck Audio, etc while others don't have to hear it if I desire. Am also able to use them while wearing over the ear headphones with the Deus II. Can not connect to the Deus II itself as the DEUS uses their low latency wireless that is not Bluetooth compatible. With the pocket remote I can adjust the levels high/low when needed. Nice when I really want to amplify those weak signals. Have had this set for two years now. Rechargeable batteries that will last for about 12-14 hours. Only problem is if I put them on in the morning and am having a long day they may die before I am done for the day. They are USB chargeable so I just carry the charging case with me if I am planing on a long day...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread