whoa...I feel stupid! no no, yes... Carson river over by Fort Churchill! Aren't the building a new highway from Fernley to Silver Springs? I own property out that way....
Here is a good hint too....look at the horizon..at the hills...right?....Now spot a place on the side of the hill that sticks out a bit more than the rest of the landscape that is about half way up...you are looking for a good place to "camp" that has good visibility left, right, front....and check those scrubby looking junipers...they look small but some of them are HUNDREDS of years old. I love the hunt in NV. What am I saying....northern NV is pure magic. Nothing better than sitting in the Bucket of Blood and sip a been overlooking the valley up in Virginia City. For that matter, If you go down the valley from there (six mile canyon, I think it is called)....there is good hunting there too....get off the beaten track however...and mind that BLM.