Anyone hunting the "Great Southern Beach Bash"?

Ocaliman

Apr 21, 2006
Ocala, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 0
Re: Anyone hunting the "Great Southern Beach Bash"?

LOL guess I do not look in the right places, I know nothing about it. Is there a post somewhere with all the info?

I have a Whites 6000 PRO XL on the way, maybe I can use it there. I am not sure I can use my Excal due to the possible interference from the other detectors.

Look under www.GSBS.com
The title is shootout not bash. Deyton for information, and he is very fast to respond.
Myself and some co - hunter's from Ocala area will be over ( to shop detectors ) but hav'nt tried this type of hunt yet.

Are you sure of the addy, I can't find any info there.

I dont think thats the right addy either.

Burt

sherpa t said:
Look under www.GSBS.com
The title is shootout not bash. Deyton for information, and he is very fast to respond.
Myself and some co - hunter's from Ocala area will be over ( to shop detectors ) but hav'nt tried this type of hunt yet.

You're right.. It is the "Shootout". I was having a Senior Blonde moment. (My apologies to both seniors and blondes). ;D

Treasure Hunter, the interference is from PI detectors working anywhere near each other. The Excal is not a PI, I think its a VLF. I cant get within 20' of another PI detector with my PI. Starts chattering. Also high power lines. And when a cell phone rings it comes through the headphones.

I get interference from other Excals when they get close...............

I am strongly considering attending the hunt just to experience one.

I am going to go and give it a try. I have never been to a comp hunt before and haven't a clue what to expect

I plan on going as well. I have already reserved my room.

I talked to Mrs Peyton last night and found out there are a total of 6 hunts. One by Kellyco, 1 by Dixie Metal Detectors and 4 by GSBS.

She advised me the hunting field is approx. 250 yards long and held in the dry sand only.
$11,000 in prizes is not including the value of the thousands of silver coins buried for the hunt.

Anybody up for some night surf hunting on Friday and Saturday night?

Sent you a PM.

Wow, sounds like that would be fun, plus getting to meet other detectorist. I think I may go also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back