camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Murphysboro,IL near Carbondale.

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
superduty said:
I live near Chester about 7 miles from Kaskaskia
Hi Superduty!! I'm in Chicago, but I have several potential treasure sites in Chester. I hired a dowser(he is now deceased) a number of years ago to do the George Rogers Clark payroll treasure location. He told me he knew where it was last, but it had been reciovered many years ago. But, he returned the map to me with a few OTHER interesting things in/near Chester. Obe of them is he located where Fort Kaskaskaskia actually was located. I looked into this a few years back, and it seems there is no accurate record of exactly where that fort stood. Well, I know. This dowser help locate treasure all over the world. I could never afford to hire him personally, so I settled to have him do a few maps for me, Chester was one of them. I would imagine there would be some VERY old relics to be found as you would very likely be the very first to detect it. It looks to be private property. When I look at a topo, the place he marked is an OBVIOUS location for a fort in Illinois territory. Remember, we were not even a state, norv a nation per se when that fort was built.....If you could get us(me & you) permission to search some other private properties, I have at least one other cache site in/near Chester. steven.

les

Jan 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites Tr 66 Goldmaster,,Whites Tr Coinmaster 4,,Fisher 220x,,, WHITES 6000 DI SERIES 3,,WHITES 6000 DI series 2,,,Whites 6000d,,,whites Sl PRO,,, Whites XLT,, Whites dfx,, Quickdraw2,coinmaster 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the Anna/Jonesboro area just south of Murphysboro IL.

Les

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
les said:
I live in the Anna/Jonesboro area just south of Murphysboro IL.

Les

We have permission to hunt an old home site in Anna. I can't wait to get over there and check it out!!

Goio

Sep 15, 2003
All over!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-Trac, Excalibur II
Hi morbiusandneo,

Where in Chicago do you live? I moved to Hammond IN but I still work in Chicago back of the yards.

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Goio said:
Hi morbiusandneo,

Where in Chicago do you live? I moved to Hammond IN but I still work in Chicago back of the yards.
Mt. Greenwood, right next to Alsip/Oak Lawn.....

Goio

Sep 15, 2003
All over!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-Trac, Excalibur II
Hi morbiusandneo,

I have been to the Alsip flea market plenty of times. I see that there are quite a few parks around your area. do you need a permit to detect there? which one do you go to? would like to partner up one day.

tbone57

Greenie
Oct 31, 2007
I work in Marion live by Goreville .
Have an old sov not done much treasure hunting but would like to do more!

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
What is "an old sov"???? stvn.
tbone57 said:
I work in Marion live by Goreville .
Have an old sov not done much treasure hunting but would like to do more!

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Roundhat said:
I live in hardin Co. near the southeastern tip of Illinois. Near Garden of the gods. 35 min South of Harrisburg.
Hi Roundhat!! You are close to Old Shawneetown. You ever MD there? stvn.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread