Anyone know football cards

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
The corners look pretty good and the centering is nice. The problem I see is it looks like there is some discoloration below the number 1 going down into his pants. Not sure if this is something caused by the holder or on the card. If it is not on the card, it looks like a good candidate for a decent grade, depending, of course, on what the rear of the card looks like.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jtw1313

jtw1313

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The discoloration was on the case

Here is the back

Upvote 0

JP Custom

Greenie
Nov 28, 2016
Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a really nice card. The only thing I see that wont make it a 9.5 or a 10 is that the back of the card is not centered, the top of the card has a larger margin than the bottom of the card on the backside. The front is more important to the graders but they do consider the back as well. The only other thing I seen besides what Keith Jackson said about the discoloration is the very bottom edge of the card under the #12 looks like it has a few nicks/indentations but that could just be the picture fooling me there. One other thing they take a grade on is the clarity of a card and his face looks a little grainy but again that could be the picture. The best way to take and image of a card is to use a flatbed scanner so the other end user on the computer can see it for what it really is.
Overall I would grade it at a 8-9 just from what I can see but then again Im not holding it and cant tell what the surface is like or if the other things talked being wrong with it is just the pic or the card. If you do have it sent off to be graded you should try to get a few more cards to send in as well because they used to give you a better deal the more you send, but I haven't been messing with cards since 1990, But I still have roughly 30-40 thousand cards stored away.
Good luck
and Happy hunting
L8's

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread