What's new

Anyone know of a complete list of Canadian coins/years/varities?

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Figured I would ask here, didn't know if anyone had any place online they knew of that listed all the Canadian coins by denomination/mint/variety etc. For instance I know they made P/non-P varieties the last few years, but not sure of all the years, plus the 2003 old and new effigy, but not sure if that was for all the denoms. of coins.
Also, I know Canada produces a lot more commemorative coins for circulation than the U.S. but I don't have an entire list. Anyone know of such an exhaustive list?
 
Upvote 0
If you happen to get that list I think Gman is looking for the same info.
 
That's a pretty good site, too bad it appears that it is not up to date...
 
Charlton Standard Catalogue of Canadian Coins is the eq. of our annual redbook.
Probably can pick one up on E-bay.
 
I have been trying to create such a list for myself - I have the Charlton guide (it's a bit confusing) and have asked on some other forums for help. Here's what I got so far (if it's bold, I've found it).

1920, 1921, 1922, 1923, 1924, 1925, 1926, 1927, 1928, 1929, 1930, 1931, 1932, 1933, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1940, 1941, 1942, 1943, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1947 ML, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953 NSS, 1953 SS, 1954 NSS, 1954 SS, 1955 NSS, 1955 SS, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965 SB P5, 1965 SB B5, 1965 LB B5, 1965 LB P5, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2002P, 2003 RD, 2003P RD, 2003 UC, 2003P UC, 2004, 2004P, 2005, 2005P, 2006, 2006P, 2006 RCM, 2007 RCM

1920, 1921, 1922, 1923, 1924, 1925, 1926 NS, 1926 FS, 1927, 1928, 1929, 1930, 1931, 1932, 1933, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1940, 1941, 1942, 1942 T, 1943, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1947 Dot, 1947 ML, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951 Nickel, 1952, 1953 NSS, 1953 SS, 1954, 1955, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1964 XWL, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2000P, 2001, 2001P, 2002, 2002P, 2003 RD, 2003P RD, 2003 UC, 2003P UC, 2004, 2004P, 2005, 2005P, 2005 Victory (exists?), 2005P Victory, 2006, 2006P, 2006 RCM, 2007 RCM

1937, 1938, 1939, 1940, 1941, 1942, 1942, 1943, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1947, 1947 ML, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953 NSS, 1953 SS, 1954 S, 1955, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967 80% Silver, 1967 50% Silver, 1968 50% Silver, 1968 VG, 1968 FG, 1969 LD, 1969 SD, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001P, 2001P Volunteers, 2002P, 2003P RD, 2003P UC, 2004P, 2005P, 2006P, 2006 RCM, 2007 RCM

1937, 1938, 1939, 1940, 1941, 1942, 1942, 1943, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1947 Dot, 1947 ML, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953 NSS, 1953 SS, 1954, 1955, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967 80% Silver, 1967 50% Silver, 1968 50% Silver, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973 SB, 1973 LB, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1992 New Brunswick, 1992 Northwest Territories, 1992 Newfoundland, 1992 Manitoba, 1992 Yukon Territory, 1992 Alberta, 1992 Prince Edward Island, 1992 Ontario, 1992 Nova Scotia, 1992 Quebec, 1992 Saskatchewan, 1992 British Columbia, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1999 January, 1999 February, 1999 March, 1999 April, 1999 May, 1999 June, 1999 July, 1999 September, 1999 October, 1999 November, 1999 December, 2000 Pride, 2000 Ingenuity, 2000 Achievement, 2000 Health, 2000 Natural Legacy, 2000 Harmony, 2000 Celebration, 2000 Family, 2000 Wisdom, 2000 Creativity, 2000 Freedom, 2000 Community, 2001, 2001P, 2002P, 2002P Canada Day, 2003P RD, 2003P UC, 2004P, 2004P Poppy, 2004P L'Acadie, 2005P, 2005P Alberta, 2005P Saskatchewan, 2005P Veterans, 2006P, 2006P Breast Cancer, 2006 RCM, 2006 RCM Bravery, 2007 RCM, 2007 Curling, 2007 Ice Hockey, 2007 Paralympic Curling

ML - Maple Leaf[br]NSS - No Shoulder Strap[br]SS - Shoulder Strap[br]SB - Small Beads[br]LB - Large Beads[br]P5 - Pointed 5[br]B5 - Blunt 5[br]RD - Royal Diademed[br]UC - Uncrowned[br]RCM - Royal Canadian Mint[br]NS - Near Six[br]FS - Far Six[br]T - Tombac[br]XWL - Extra Water Line[br]RD - Royal Diademed[br]UC - Uncrowned[br]VG - V-Shaped Grooves[br]FG - Flat Grooves[br]LD - Large Date[br]SD - Small Date
 
If you're interested in Canadian coins I still recommend the Charlton Guide as it has pictures of every variety and mintages, also you might want to look into getting some Gardmaster Albums.
 
kestrelia said:
If you're interested in Canadian coins I still recommend the Charlton Guide as it has pictures of every variety and mintages, also you might want to look into getting some Gardmaster Albums.

It's now on my list of books I want to get.

I noticed you didn't have any 1965 pennies? Or have you just not identified the variety yet?
 
I should have mentioned - I've got a big stack of 1965's at home. I haven't gotten around to buying a good magnifying glass.

Brian
 
Thank you, very informative! Just what I was looking for! I need to pick up one of those books though, too
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom