Anyone know what the '65' value on the Legend screen is for?

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a '65' value that can be changed to lower numbers. It's the next setting right after the BC (Bottle Cap) setting. Just press the -> arrow when in BC mode. Anyone know what this '65' is referring to?
Anyone else see this?

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't find anything about it, ... thank you for reaching out:)

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't find anything about it, ... thank you for reaching out:)
I don't think the '65' is for Ground Suppression. Apparently, the GS values go from 1 to 8 as I read.

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think the '65' is for Ground Suppression. Apparently, the GS values go from 1 to 8 as I read.
Ok guys, ... nevermind, I feel foolish. It's not a '65', ... it's actually a 'GS', .... thank you Res! You are correct sir, ... it's Ground Suspression.

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20230302_173152.jpg

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Ground suppression? What is that?

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ground suppression? What is that?
It's one of the new features that came with v1.10. It's probably for high mineralization in the ground.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
What is the factory preset on the Legend?

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
what do you mean factory reset

are you talking about the factory default for the GS

if you are its set to 0 off
Factory preset .. not reset. If you take the Legend out of the box and turn it on, what are the settings you will see?

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Factory preset .. not reset. If you take the Legend out of the box and turn it on, what are the settings you will see?
to answer your question it really depends on which version is currently in your Legend if you have one because each new update the factory presets changed, especially from 1.08-1.11

dont think I am understanding your question, at all you can go download and print out the Manual and read what all the presets are but I would have to do a Factory default reset in my Legend to tell you what they all are and I am not going to do that because I have some custom user setting installed that I am going to try out when i am no longer snow bound

I did post up the new manual for 1.11 which will have the info you are looking for, you can view the manual and print it out or you can download and print it out again the manual will tell you what everything is preset to from the factory

I can tell you the IF,ST,BC,and GS are all in the recovery speed setting the recovery speed is set to 5 by default the IF is set to 8 by default. the ST is set to 3 by default and the GS is set to zero by default all those I just stated are the settings that are in the Legend once updated to 1.11 I do not recall what the presets were prior to 1.11 I do know a lot of the settings like If,ST,BC, and GS and some others were not in the earlier version Legends until 1.08 now 1.09 there was a few things added in each new version as each version was released to all of us again you would have to go read the manuals for each version and the factory presets are different in each version from 1.04-1.11 there has been 6 updates thrown at us 1.04 was the original version sent to all of us, these were all the updates sent to all of us 1.05,1.06,1.07,1.08,1.09,1.10Beta test versions 1-3 and 1.11 which is the finalized version, well actually 10 versions if you want to include the 3 beta test versions which I really do not count the beta test versions once those were all turned into 1.11

Last edited:

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
to answer your question it really depends on which version is currently in your Legend if you have one because each new update the factory presets changed, especially from 1.08-1.11

dont think I am understanding your question, at all you can go download and print out the Manual and read what all the presets are but I would have to do a Factory default reset in my Legend to tell you what they all are and I am not going to do that because I have some custom user setting installed that I am going to try out when i am no longer snow bound

I did post up the new manual for 1.11 which will have the info you are looking for, you can view the manual and print it out or you can download and print it out again the manual will tell you what everything is preset to from the factory

I can tell you the IF,ST,BC,and GS are all in the recovery speed setting the recovery speed is set to 5 by default the IF is set to 8 by default. the ST is set to 3 by default and the GS is set to zero by default all those I just stated are the settings that are in the Legend once updated to 1.11 I do not recall what the presets were prior to 1.11 I do know a lot of the settings like If,ST,BC, and GS and some others were not in the earlier version Legends until 1.08 now 1.09 there was a few things added in each new version as each version was released to all of us again you would have to go read the manuals for each version and the factory presets are different in each version from 1.04-1.11 there has been 6 updates thrown at us 1.04 was the original version sent to all of us, these were all the updates sent to all of us 1.05,1.06,1.07,1.08,1.09,1.10Beta test versions 1-3 and 1.11 which is the finalized version, well actually 10 versions if you want to include the 3 beta test versions which I really do not count the beta test versions once those were all turned into 1.11

Thank you very much .... This is very helpful. :icon_thumleft:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...I do have a question in regards to "Mineralization Indicator". In the Manual, it says to go into the Ground balance mode, which I did by pressing the Ground Balance button, correct? and then to press the Discrimination Button, which I did, to activate the mineralization indicator, the letters GI will appear, which they did, but nothing really happened. No bars to show Iron or Salt mineralization, just a ground balance number. I tried it several times, same result, to exit, press the Discri. button, which I did, it would revert back to Ferro Check with the letters FC, which it did. then I pressed something to revert back to the full screen. This was all on page 14 in the manual. It did not state that you should sweep the coil, hold it steady or pump it, I tried it all. Now, COULD it be that somehow where I live, I was in that rare patch of ground that was neutral, like 0, but if that were so, would I still see the two Ferro check bars showing that? OR what the heck am I doing wrong? I was looking forward to trying that feature out. Any thoughts fella's? I will add that the screen does show V. 11, and I did do the Factory re-set. Now, I did try setting up a custom profile on profile # 2, don't know if I somehow messed something up, so after getting home I did another Re-set. I will try it out again today to see what happens. Boy, this was long winded, just wanted to relay all facts.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well...I do have a question in regards to "Mineralization Indicator". In the Manual, it says to go into the Ground balance mode, which I did by pressing the Ground Balance button, correct? and then to press the Discrimination Button, which I did, to activate the mineralization indicator, the letters GI will appear, which they did, but nothing really happened. No bars to show Iron or Salt mineralization, just a ground balance number. I tried it several times, same result, to exit, press the Discri. button, which I did, it would revert back to Ferro Check with the letters FC, which it did. then I pressed something to revert back to the full screen. This was all on page 14 in the manual. It did not state that you should sweep the coil, hold it steady or pump it, I tried it all. Now, COULD it be that somehow where I live, I was in that rare patch of ground that was neutral, like 0, but if that were so, would I still see the two Ferro check bars showing that? OR what the heck am I doing wrong? I was looking forward to trying that feature out. Any thoughts fella's? I will add that the screen does show V. 11, and I did do the Factory re-set. Now, I did try setting up a custom profile on profile # 2, don't know if I somehow messed something up, so after getting home I did another Re-set. I will try it out again today to see what happens. Boy, this was long winded, just wanted to relay all facts.
To switch to GI you press the GB button,
In the GB menu, you press the horseshoe button and GI will appear,
then press the GB button to go back to the main screen.

On the meter, if you don't see the "ring" symbol on the main screen, you are in GI mode and only the left side of the meter will work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread