What's new

Anyone know what this is?

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
2,276
Reaction score
22
Golden Thread
0
Location
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
I found this yesterday about 50 yards from a colonial site.
Chris
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0008 (800x600).webp
    DSCF0008 (800x600).webp
    42 KB · Views: 1,323
  • DSCF0009 (800x600).webp
    DSCF0009 (800x600).webp
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,364
Chris, No idea,but,it's pretty cool what ever it is!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless HH Chris
 
Upvote 0
Reminds me of a sun dial compass ?


compasses1100-250x250-1-250x250.webp
 
Upvote 0
Cool!

I'm pretty sure that's a "spinner" for the top of a horse harness. . . sort of like a car hood ornament for a horse :D
 
Upvote 0
only a guess but it sure looks like a reign guide from a wagon.i found numerous ones with the threaded rod and the loop but yours has that swingable plate which may be some sort of lock or brake on the rope or reign.I'd bet money on it that's what this is. :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • NOV 6TH BENT COPPER SADDLE SHIELD.webp
    NOV 6TH BENT COPPER SADDLE SHIELD.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,236
Upvote 0
That's a beautiful relic Chris, wish I had found it! :laughing7:
Sounds like Dave (HMN) might have already given you your answer! :thumbsup:

Dave
 
Upvote 0
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
only a guess but it sure looks like a reign guide from a wagon.i found numerous ones with the threaded rod and the loop but yours has that swingable plate which may be some sort of lock or brake on the rope or reign.I'd bet money on it that's what this is. :thumbsup:

Agreed, I think it's called a swinging toggle.

Bill
 
Upvote 0
nova treasure said:
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
only a guess but it sure looks like a reign guide from a wagon.i found numerous ones with the threaded rod and the loop but yours has that swingable plate which may be some sort of lock or brake on the rope or reign.I'd bet money on it that's what this is. :thumbsup:

Agreed, I think it's called a swinging toggle.

Bill

Swinger is the name we give it, went on top of the horse
 
Upvote 0
A couple years ago I found something similar and "Relic Lover" came up with this advertisement that called
these things "Fly or Head Turretts". . . (Chris, the last item in the second row looks like the one you found).

swinger turrettes.webp
 
Upvote 0
watercolor said:
A couple years ago I found something similar and "Relic Lover" came up with this advertisement that called
these things "Fly or Head Turretts". . . (Chris, the last item in the second row looks like the one you found).

Thats the ones, common in the late Victorian
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom